• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was off work and out in the Hill Country in my Jeep when my office called. I was told there was a shooting at Ft Sam and everyone not at work had to be accounted for. When I got back I looked up what happened, it appears to be a domestic incident...

Shooting reported at Fort Sam Houston

Woman injured in shooting; gunman in police custody

FORT SAM HOUSTON, Texas - A suspect was taken into police custody Monday afternoon in connection with a shooting at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston that left a woman wounded.

According to a statement issued by Fort Sam Houston officials, the shooting occurred around 2:50 p.m.

According to a retired sergeant major who still works on the post, the shooting happened at the Army Medical Department Center and Schools, where military medics are trained.

The victim is described as being in her mid-30s and an active-duty military personnel. She is also described as having some kind of relationship with the suspect.

"We don't what the actual relationship was, but there was a relationship," said San Antonio police Chief William McManus. "It was not a random shooting."

Following the shooting, the suspect fled in a gold Mitsubishi sedan but was soon apprehended by police on the post.

San Antonio police -- including the Blue Eagle helicopter -- helped Fort Sam officers search for the man.

Not long after spotting him, officers on the ground moved in and arrested the suspect.

He was then turned over to military CID officer, who will handle the case from here.

McManus said Monday's incident highlights the working relationship they have with the military.

"We have a very good working relationship with all the military bases in San Antonio and the way this went down today is a good example of what good coordination we have," he said.

The victim was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center in an unknown condition, but she was alert and talking to paramedics, officials said.

The suspect is facing federal charges because the shooting took place on a military base.

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was.

Cheers! M2
    ARJ Defense ad

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michaelm18
    Top Bottom