• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Just as I thought. It's easy to make big talk on the internet, as long as you never have to back up those words with real action.

And thank you for your concern, but I already took my daily meds earlier this morning!
    Well drink your juice, eat your apple sauce and watch the clouds.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Well Mongoose, as long s you never have to put your money where your mouth is, you're perfectly safe to say whatever you think!

But trust me, no one will ever put any credibility in what you have to say or think.
    You ask for people to do research for you. Well, I’m not your secretary. You rearely prove your opinion, you just make grandiose statements. I will concede you were correct on the UV deteriation of paint. You seem to have the red ass today. You need a diaper change?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You ask for people to do research for you. Well, I’m not your secretary. You rearely prove your opinion, you just make grandiose statements. I will concede you were correct on the UV deteriation of paint. You seem to have the red ass today. You need a diaper change?

I never asked you to do any research for me, and i'm mot anyone's secretary.

First of all, I don't have to prove an opinion, because it's simply that an opinion, whether that opinion is true, or if it's false.

Second, if I make "grandiose" statements, based on factual evidence, I support those statements with links to sources that prove my statements.

Third, and you think I have the red ass? Trust me, I don't have the red ass, and if I did, you would surely know it! Maybe you just have a problem with people being blunt and truthful? They do make an ointment now for that butthurt you seem to have!

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I never asked you to do any research for me, and i'm mot anyone's secretary.

First of all, I don't have to prove an opinion, because it's simply that an opinion, whether that opinion is true, or if it's false.

Second, if I make "grandiose" statements, based on factual evidence, I support those statements with links to sources that prove my statements.

Third, and you think I have the red ass? Trust me, I don't have the red ass, and if I did, you would surely know it! Maybe you just have a problem with people being blunt and truthful? They do make an ointment now for that butthurt you seem to have!
    Well you sure told me ole great one. You just think you opinion is more valid than anyone else’s.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You seem to have an unusual fascination with male butts and ointments.

And how would I know whether you are male, female, or gender neutral?

You may be one of those people that identifies as something else!

kermit.jpeg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Off Topic Warning

That's not always true if you screw up exactly the right way.

Note that things may have changed. This story is decades old and I really hope somebody in the know will tell me that things have, indeed, changed. That being said, this happened in my family.

My mom got very sick. She was almost catatonic. She just stared into space and couldn't find her mouth with a spoon, for example. After a bunch of tests, her doctor suggested that the problem may be some sort of severe mental illness and that she should go into a mental hospital. She voluntarily admitted herself to a mental institution.

Now, here's where things get interesting. Shortly after going in, a bunch more lab tests were completed and found a specific, treatable chemical imbalance in her brain. Literally a few shots, a few pills, and a couple of days later and she was completely fine. However, she was in a mental institution. The paperwork she had signed when she was admitted said she had to give 72 hours notice before checking herself out. The attending physician (Psychiatrist? I don't remember.) at the mental hospital said that it didn't matter that she was obviously cured. If she tried to leave, he had to have 72 hours notice. If she gave 72 hours notice, he would go to court and have her involuntarily committed. He said he'd never failed to get such a commitment. Further, if she just walked out, he'd do the same thing. He made it clear that if she were involuntarily committed, he'd make sure she was inside for months if not years.

She had no choice, even though she was completely sane and showed zero symptoms, but to play along and bide her time on the inside.

You know when he let her out? The day her insurance benefits maxed out.

Not only the doctor in charge but more than one worker at that hospital made it crystal clear that they always kept every patient for as long as some entity was paying the bills. The state of the person's health had nothing to do with with whether or not they were discharged; only the availability of money was pertinent. In fact, they liked involuntary commitments because the state paid at least part of those and they could keep patients for years without regard to their actual mental state.

The lesson learned? Never, ever admit yourself to a mental hospital without reading the fine print very, very carefully. It may be difficult, as you said, to commit people involuntarily as in "send the men in the white coats to collect them." But if you're already inside, you may have much, much less (effectively zero) due process available to you.

And people wonder why I don't trust most doctors...
    I cannot tell you how angry that makes me.

In Travis county the judges won't accept a Drs commitment, just a police officer's so the Drs call us to evaluate. Basically the judges trust us to decide if someone is an immediate danger due to mental illness more so than a Dr.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom