• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike_mck2

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Georgetown,TX
    Recently had reason to visit Shady Oaks gun range in Cedar Park, and had a great experience there.

I don't normally frequent gun ranges, but I was there for my CHL class. Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere. I had never even heard of them before.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a nice indoor range in Cedar Park.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Recently had reason to visit Shady Oaks gun range in Cedar Park, and had a great experience there.

I don't normally frequent gun ranges, but I was there for my CHL class. Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere. I had never even heard of them before.

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a nice indoor range in Cedar Park.

I have been to multiple indoor ranges in Southern California, Houston and Austin. This one is by far the best I've been to.

Friendly staff. Everything is CLEAN. Everything is well lit. Large restrooms. ROs on the line. Friendly ROs who will provide tips if asked.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Been there countless times already, and it hasn't even been open that long. Certainly the best indoor range I have been to, except for one in New Hampshire, but it was gigantic. I've taken a lot of people there to rent guns to figure out what they like. Great place, but can get pricey as others have said.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Pretty sure I was the first member to join...and the first to renew. May have set a personal record by going only ONCE in the past week. When it's 98 degrees outside, that HEPA filtered air-conditioned air is a real treat!!! Will probably show up there again tonight! IF I'm not there at least twice a week, they start to get concerned. ;)

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Had a chance to use these folks twice this week to get on paper in a controlled environment before I head out to the longer range. GREAT place and I'd definitely be back!

Tonight I had the pleasure of having the place to myself about an hour before they closed and met Carson, a great RO who gave me some good advice and called my shots for me as I was sighting in my rifle.

Fantastic people, full service and working to provide what shooters want and need.

And, I found out that on Sunday night, they do two hours of "suppressed only" so shooters can shoot with no ear protection. Fantastic deal!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    https://www.shadyoaksgunrange.com/prices/

$15 for 45 minutes, pretty pricey.

They do have a lot of pistols you can rent which is cool. You can rotate through a bunch of them for 1 fee, not per gun, but do have to buy/shoot their ammo.

To be clear, you only have to use their ammo with their pistols.

You can shoot anything up to .308 on their range (nothing larger).

I get their public safety price, so it typically runs me $12 for an hour with one target + the free one they hang.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    There was room for confusion.

I don't need a room to be confused. In fact, I often find myself in a STATE of confusion.

I almost dropped by SO today...couldn't tear myself away from leftovers and the couch ;) I'll likely drop by Sunday for a bit. Advantages to being a member...I can shoot 15 minutes or two hours...costs me the same. BTW, their ammo for rentals costs about the same as Academy regular prices...won't break the bank; but you won't be bragging about the fantastic deal you got, either. ;)

BTW.2 No worries about shooting aluminum or steel cased ammo at Shady...and you can collect your own brass if you wish.

Top Bottom