• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Does anyone have experience with this pistol? I am talking about the basic model not one of their fancier models.
    My gunsmith friend tells me it is just a Glock G19 with a face lift. I am bidding on one on Gunbroker, but I don't know if I want to win!
    Personal experience from you folks would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    498DD1FF-0866-466A-9EDA-7830F5563E63.jpeg

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I wanted one for a while - I even saw some at a gun store in San Antonio recently - although they were over priced at that store. I'd buy one online if I wanted on.

However - I like my Gen 5 Glock 19 so much... Built in wider magwell. Factory Ameriglo Sights. Marksman barrel. Better trigger in 5th gen Glocks. I just don't see the point.

Now, this is coming from a guy who sent a G34 off to Taran Tactical to make it a John Wick gun. So, I admit - I am not one who usually tells people to save their money. But, I've decided to not bother for the Shadow Systems pistol, and just stick with the 5th gen glock.

Tell us how you like it, though....

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have a Gen 4 G19 that I have had custom work done on.
    It has a KKM Match Grade stainless barrel. The trigger group has been upgraded and the frame reshaped to fit my hand. It has Trijicon fiber sights. I have over $1,200 invested in this Glock update. I finally have a Glock that I can shoot proficiently. Half dollar size five shot groups at ten yards instead of the 3" to 4" groups with a factory Glock.
    These MR920 are selling for around $650 on Gunbroker. I though if they were basically "souped up" Glocks I might try one out.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yea, the place in San Antonio wanted $999 for that model. Of course, they had the new Beretta Performance X model for $1700, and they should be $1299.

Maybe 1 day - but not right now...

Anyway, give us a review of the gun and let us know how ya like it

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I had the 918 the 920's predecessor. I am not a Glock fan and in my opinion the Shadow Systems offering is many steps above the Glock. It was built because many people where putting lots of money into Glock to make it fit the buyer. Shadow Systems wanted to build a pistol that pretty much had all the upgrades from the start. It feels much better in the hand to me than the Glock. I am not a striker fire lover so it went down the road. If the want to ever have a striker fired pistol hits me ever the Shadow Systems offerings would hands down be the top of the list. I hope this helps.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Shadow Systems is a Plano, Texas based company. In fact their location is just a couple of miles from our office building. I had to go to Butler, Pa to buy one of their products. Go figure.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    My MR918, a few years back My FFL came across a few on clearance at one of the big distributors. This was the one model they had left so I had him order me one. Got it at a great price, it’s got around 3.5k rounds through it so far and been Flawless. For the $$$ the SS MR series are great guns for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      3 MB · Views: 137

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I picked up the MR920 yesterday afternoon. My first impression is it is very much like a G19. I much prefer the frame ergonomics on the MR920. It is more similar to the frame of a 1911 than the bulky Glock. This pistol cost me $553 plus taxes and shipping. Total was $619.
    I think for the price this MR920 is a great pistol as far as looks and feel go. The real test will be when it quits raining, so I can get to the range and fire a few rounds.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    This pistol came from a Gunbroker vendor named Sportsman Supply. They are located in Butler, Pa.
    Ironically the Shadow Systems office is less than five miles from our Plano office. Sportsman Supply apparently has several of these pistol. It took me three attempts to finally win one at a price I wanted to pay. I see they still have a few up for bids today.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Thanks for the info, if the striker fired bug ever hits me again the Shadow Systems is at the top of a very short list. I stepped back to wheel guns and dasa semi's. I hope you get the results with the 920 that I got with the 918 I had.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I picked up the MR920 yesterday afternoon. My first impression is it is very much like a G19. I much prefer the frame ergonomics on the MR920. It is more similar to the frame of a 1911 than the bulky Glock. This pistol cost me $553 plus taxes and shipping. Total was $619.
    I think for the price this MR920 is a great pistol as far as looks and feel go. The real test will be when it quits raining, so I can get to the range and fire a few rounds.

That is a great price you got it for

wbnash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Tucson AZ
    My first post here folks... I have a number of Glocks. I recently picked up a Shadow Systems pistol after hearing a lot of good things about them. I went for the MR 920. It has shot extremely well in my hands. I am very pleased with it.

I called customer service with a question on mounting a red dot and was surprised that I got a real person quickly who was a pleasure to deal with.

So far, so good...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom