Join TexasGunTalk

Sh... you see at the range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Kar98, Feb 13, 2017.

1. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Shame he didn't have it taking away from him & turned on himself!

2. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    If I remember correctly, just about every SOCOM operator I’ve ever worked with that used a wheel gun has used that method for tactical reloads at some point.

3. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015

I was an M60 machine gunner in the 82nd Airborne in 1977. We did this for practice as well. It was truly amazing how few times the Styrofoam planes were actually hit vs the rounds fired at them. When you have 50 or so guys with M60's firing at one plane it is truly fantastic. We even had tracers. They weren't even that fast.

4. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county
    I do hope you are being facetious

Kar98 likes this.
  5. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Not the least bit.

6. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Still doesn't change that it is bad for the crane and should be avoided.

zackmars and Southpaw like this.
  7. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county
    Well, SOCOM people aren't running around with revolvers.

And just because someone's a super badass special ops guy, doesnt mean they know a single thing about guns, especially when it's a gun they have never trained with, amd have only seen it used in video games or movies/tv.

You can, and if you do it enough, will damage your revolver.

8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Everything I Own Is Paid For

Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Macho does that. On the golf course the worst golfer gives the most lessons.

zackmars likes this.
  9. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Please don’t take offense, but that is one of the dumbest fkn things I’ve ever read on this forum, or the web for that matter.

10. zackmars

zackmars Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    galveston county

It's not stupid. Its a commonly held veiw that military personnel and cops are somehow "gun experts" simply because a gun is part of their job. Same thing goes for RSO's and the counter jockeys at your LGS.

This isn't a slight on anyone. Nobody is born knowing how to shoot, and since the military hasn't issued revolvers since the Air Force up until the 1980's or so, you really think a guy who has been using nothing but semi autos will just magically know how to properly handle a revolver? Anything they learn about handguns in the military is going to be what they get issued. Which won't be a revolver.

And even if someone actually taught them to do that, that doesn't make it correct, as i can go on and on about instructors I've seen (who had some pretty legit military careers) teach incorrect, or stupid and dangerous things.

Do not fall for the appeal to authority logical fallacy.