• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not my style - but that doesn't keep me from appreciating the craftsmanship and skill of the folks that built it. For me, the low-profile tires would go - they're going to absolutely suck for ride quality.....but they're innovative as hell and DO look good on that car.
    The thing that blows me away is the level of fit and finish - it takes REAL skills to do all the mods done and make it as seamless as they did!!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If Lucas Electrics were as good as the folks that built the E-Type it would be fabulous.

Lucas electrics were a great source for funny memes, before memes became a thing LOL

E.g.
    Why do the brits drink warm beer?
    Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That would be the last thing I would do. Build the Jag engine or put something exotic in it. Using a Chevy is just a cheap way out.

Maybe - but the Chevy 350 has been used so much to replace the OEM Jag engine that there's actual kits for doing it. And in my experience, a properly set-up and maintained 350 is a workhorse.

Having said that, I don't own any....my '58 Delray has a 454 under the hood....lol

Engine.jpg
    Engine2.jpg

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
      Engine.jpg
      109.9 KB · Views: 644
    • Engine2.jpg
      Engine2.jpg
      122.3 KB · Views: 641

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Maybe - but the Chevy 350 has been used so much to replace the OEM Jag engine that there's actual kits for doing it. And in my experience, a properly set-up and maintained 350 is a workhorse.

Having said that, I don't own any....my '58 Delray has a 454 under the hood....lol

View attachment 196224 View attachment 196225

Man those under the hood shots are a thing of beauty.
    Pop the hood on any car today and there is just to much unnecessary crap there.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I never quite understood, and still do not understand, how someone can consider a car as being sexy. Hot women are sexy, cars are cars and if you think of them in any sexual connotation - well that's how YOU think.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I worked at dealership that sold Jags in the 70’s. Back then the mechanics rate was 3 times what a Ford mechanic made. The service manager was from England and had worked on them all his life. He could never find a good Jag mechanic to work for him. He found another service manager and became a mechanic again. He made a ton of money because people had stupid amounts of money to spend on them.

The only XKE story that sticks out in my mind is that if they were not lifted in the exact factory specified lift points, the car would bend. It could never be “unbent”.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom