• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If you served in the military combat arms, you will instantly recognize the how and why of this discussion ... worth your time. The implications for our continuing national security are massive.

Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What’s the criticism of BUD/S? If it’s that sombeody died, guess what….USAF PT kills people every year. Just one example:

Col. Bryan J. Gallagher, 46, was found unconscious in the parking lot of the Rosburg Fitness Center at about 7 a.m., according to an Edwards Air Force Base news release.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    What’s the criticism of BUD/S? If it’s that sombeody died, guess what….USAF PT kills people every year. Just one example:

Col. Bryan J. Gallagher, 46, was found unconscious in the parking lot of the Rosburg Fitness Center at about 7 a.m., according to an Edwards Air Force Base news release.

According to the discussion, a death by bacterial infection during training, plus a video of standard CS gas training exercise is what triggered the woke SJW outcry, resulting in the Military's woke response also.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Yeah, CS exposure sucks in a controlled environment. It's supposed to. 'Tis an experience I care to never repeat as well.

And if I'm remembering right, a Recruit from a barracks or two down collapsed and either died, or was carted off in critical condition when I was in Boot Camp. So said the scuttlebutt at the time, and was confirmed a week ? or two later. Time kinda' ran together at the time.

People suffer all kinds of things in Boot, Basic or advanced training.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If you don’t weed out the pussies in training, then that’s what your fighting force Is made up of. If your eyes and face aren’t burning and you don‘t have snot hanging to your knees during gas mask training, then you have no idea how important it is to don and clear your mask in a timely manner when needed.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Just my experience:

Politicians lost the war in RVN, but the soldiers not the battles.
    Directly the result of excellent training.

Rarely in combat did we experience something our training did not prepare us for, from live fire, to the wounded and dead.

Without that training the second half of the first sentence above would have been the same outcome as the first.

If woke military leaders, in their misguided ways, allow this to continue , more will die needlessly than ever before, along with the country to boot.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Most of this Bullshit is the product of career politicians trying to coddle to 1/10 of 1% of the country's population. And that same said percentage of the population doing everything it possibly can to emasculate the male population. If we don't have men willing to stand and fight for conviction and what is right, not just for home, hearth and country, but for humanity, we, as a country, will slowly but surely perish.

Last edited:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Social media's Pandoras box has had the political lid blown off.
    So what's the solution for those in uniform, and particularly those in leadership roles?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Social media's Pandoras box has had the political lid blown off.
    So what's the solution for those in uniform, and particularly those in leadership roles?

I really don’t know; personal social media presence was an OPSEC issue and actively discouraged during my era.

I’m of the opinion military members should hold them selves to a higher standard and stay above the fray. Unfortunately, today’s members join with social media already baked in resulting in the services kind of wandering around trying to figure this all out in real time.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I really don’t know; personal social media presence was an OPSEC issue and actively discouraged during my era.

I’m of the opinion military members should hold them selves to a higher standard and stay above the fray. Unfortunately, today’s members join with social media already baked in resulting in the services kind of wandering around trying to figure this all out in real time.
    Mine also ... when it came to politics of any kind, unheard of in fact.

Couple that with a personal observation that it helps to be a good part politician, if not more politician than warrior, to rise above field grade.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

at this point, people posting on social media are just following the example set by those above them. We probably shouldn’t have had Commands running official social media pages showing what they were doing, and where, requiring active duty people to participate in production movies and public events, etc.

Top Bottom