• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Not a discussion of techniques, just attendance.

Anyone else go? I did Coronado in June of 05.

Had a blast. The mental training really is interesting. Had already been through Parris Island and Aircrewman school in Pensacola.

My class was mostly SEALs, and of those it was heavy O. After that a few Marine Recon LCpls and a few of us aviators. My nav partner was a SEAL O, and while a nice guy, land nav was NOT strong suite for him.
    Target Sports

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Went through SERE in the summer of '78 at USAFA. That program went on hiatus for a few years after the 1995 scandal. Pretty sure they've got it up and running again.

I lost 15 pounds during the course ( < 3wks), and I was VERY lean in those days.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Not a discussion of techniques, just attendance.

Anyone else go? I did Coronado in June of 05.

Had a blast. The mental training really is interesting. Had already been through Parris Island and Aircrewman school in Pensacola.

My class was mostly SEALs, and of those it was heavy O. After that a few Marine Recon LCpls and a few of us aviators. My nav partner was a SEAL O, and while a nice guy, land nav was NOT strong suite for him.
    I was on NAB Coronado in 05. Where was the SERE school at? The only one I knew of was up in the Pendleton area.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I was on NAB Coronado in 05. Where was the SERE school at? The only one I knew of was up in the Pendleton area.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    A small, indescript building. Adm. Stockdale building. He actually died a month later. Does say his name on the building, if I do recall correctly.

Were you stationed there?

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    SERE at Pendleton? Are you sure? Navy only has two, Coronado and Brunswick.

If pendleton trained marine/navy/ocs recruits, the curriculim included an abreviated basic SERE course as does all N/M/ocs recruit basic training sites.

I beleive there are 4, maybe five sites for advanced SERE.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    In 1990, I went through the version overseen by Fairchild AFB instructors but implemented by junior and senior cadets at the Air Force Academy. I kept falling asleep during academics, and really paid for my ignorance during some of the more "aggressive" portions of the training.

Top Bottom