DK Firearms

Senator Springer Texas’s Best Ally for Gun Rights....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I hope it is all real and not just for show. How can Texans be exempt from federal regulation by passing a Texas law? I can hope though.
    How can marijuana be legal in so many states and illegal federally?

It didn't work for Kansas regarding silencers...

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How can marijuana be legal in so many states and illegal federally?
    Feds don't care about marijuana. Do you want to buy a Texas made silencer without a tax stamp and see what ATF does? How about a machine gun? You and I know that we would be looking through prison bars to see the sun. Just the reality of the situation and Joe Biden wouldn't pardon us either.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Feds don't care about marijuana. Do you want to buy a Texas made silencer without a tax stamp and see what ATF does? How about a machine gun? You and I know that we would be looking through prison bars to see the sun. Just the reality of the situation and Joe Biden wouldn't pardon us either.
    The law on the books is necessary for Texas to mount a challenge to the federal law. It didn't work for Kansas, but that was a different SCOTUS.

Like you said, we can hope...

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I hope it is all real and not just for show. How can Texans be exempt from federal regulation by passing a Texas law? I can hope though.
    It works basically like this.... if federal law wants to be enforced, federal agents have to do the work.

In many states, including Texas, the federal government including federal prosecutors rely on our police as well as district attorneys to report to them federal crimes, and give them evidence.

The ATF and FBI raided the Waco Branch Davidians simply because of reports given to them by the local sherrifs department. UPS driver reported to the local sheriffs department.

by passing this law... it would prevent any local government, law enforcement, court system, or any other part of Texas prosecution from reporting those crimes or possible crimes to federal Authorities, as well as prevent enforcement of those federal laws and regulations etc on a local level as well.

Kansas has a similar law as our proposed one on silencers and suppressors. Yet the ATF went in and arrested and charged two people with illegal possession of a silencer. Only because a neighbor reported them as not having paid the federal tax stamp.

Same thing could happen here. You have an unregistered silencer, he local Dallas police officer sees you with it. He can’t do anything. But if your pissed off ex wife reports you to the ATF, then that’s another story,

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    The law on the books is necessary for Texas to mount a challenge to the federal law. It didn't work for Kansas, but that was a different SCOTUS.

Like you said, we can hope...

The Kansas law is still on the books. Kansas won’t report you to the ATF. However if the ATF find out they will come knock on your door. which they did for two people. Those two were reported by two frenimies.

Same thing will go here in Texas. Texas Law enforcement won’t do anything, but your pissed off ex wife who knows you have an unregistered silencer could report you.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    The big thing that matters is it sends a big FU to Washington and to Biden. It also helps in that local government as well as local Leo’s will be prevented from enforcing (which includes reporting) any violations of the federal firearms laws.

Which can still be a good thing. Why?

The law also prevents Local LEO’s from assisting the federal agents or federal prosecutors.

So if the ATF wants to make a raid of someone, like that of the Branch Davidians... (Waco) Texas Law Enforcement will be prevented from assisting. They did assist in Waco to the tune of 40+ Officers.

Not providing assistance in raids will make it much more difficult for ATF/FBI to enforce federal laws. And regulations. if you run from the ATF. Local LEO’s won’t be able to assist in a chase. Maybe even putting a halt to feds chasing.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    gll and Sasquatch act as if this new to them. Most people don't realize the hows & whys it became illegal in the first place. Or facts like WR Hearst the publisher helped in it because he was heavily invested in pulp wood, when hemp made a better way making paper! The biggest reason marihuana was criminalized were black & hispanics were more prone to using it.

Switchblade laws were solidly made because most Mexicans carried them. When the klan stated phucing with mexicans they got stabbed. And its historic fact the klan =Democrats! So now is the time to jump on the devilcrap unity bus.

Years ago when the repubichairacans had their convention @ the Aero Dome, there was a protest park over off of South Main inside the loop. I'd get off work & ride my mountain bike over everyday to watch the freak show. I remember seeing the KKK bus one day. It looked like an old TDCJ bus with the grates on the windows, & big ass loud speaker on the roof & shutters that could cover the windshield. Come to think about it it was all fortified like the devilcraps have DC right now!

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I did not vote for him but the local paper (Wise County Messenger) had an article about the bills submitted by him. (good on him)

Shelly Luther was in the area stumping for something last week. She might run again?

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I did not vote for him but the local paper (Wise County Messenger) had an article about the bills submitted by him. (good on him)

Shelly Luther was in the area stumping for something last week. She might run again?

His election for state senator was just held on Jan 23rd

Now their is an election pending for the Texas House seat that he left vacant. That Election is In feb sometime.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Heh There was anyway.

Your link says it was repealed in 1970

Oops, forgot to quote post #10

Top Bottom