• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx

Joe Manchin joined with all Senate Republicans in sinking the abortion codification bill

Military Camp

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Joe Manchin joined with all Senate Republicans in sinking the abortion codification bill

Mannhin did join, but this was a cloture vote, they needed 60 votes. Wont stop Libs from blaming Manchin.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Even if it had passed, if the Supreme Court actually overturns Roe v Wade such a law passed by congress critters would likely be deemed unconstitutional.
    If it got passed by congress and signed by ... that imbecile...
    It would become "constitutional ".

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Even if it had passed, if the Supreme Court actually overturns Roe v Wade such a law passed by congress critters would likely be deemed unconstitutional.

Depends. I thought the reason to overturn RvW was because it is based on abortion being an implicitly protected right.

If they pass legislation allowing it, I don’t see how they can call it unconstitutional. They just can’t pass an abortion law they like. .. . Because the vast majority of people don’t agree with using abortion on demand for birth control.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Depends. I thought the reason to overturn RvW was because it is based on abortion being an implicitly protected right.

If they pass legislation allowing it, I don’t see how they can call it unconstitutional. They just can’t pass an abortion law they like. .. . Because the vast majority of people don’t agree with using abortion on demand for birth control.

Congress passes a lot of unconstitutional legislation that gets tossed by the courts. Same with state legislatures. Unless a constitutional amendment is passed and a law is entered into the constitution itself, any law that is found in conflict with the constitution can be rendered null by the court, even if 100% of the senate and house pass it and the white house occupant signs it.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so

10th Amendment. This is a state issue not federal.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Infanticide coming to a State near you..................
    Infanticide actually makes more sense to me than abortion...

Every baby aborted is an unknown quantity, but by the time they are two, you'd probably know for sure whether you wanted to kill yours or not...

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If they pass legislation allowing it, I don’t see how they can call it unconstitutional.
    If the court determined abortion was a violation of a right to life, then a law making abortion legal would be unconstitutional...

...much like a law denying the right to life of any other class, such as the elderly, handicapped, or poor would be unconstitutional. The only thing that continues to allow abortion to be debated is the question of when, legally, life begins. We have a much better conception of when life ends...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Infanticide actually makes more sense to me than abortion...

Every baby aborted is an unknown quantity, but by the time they are two, you'd probably know for sure whether you wanted to kill yours or not...

I've often quipped that late-term abortion should be allowed to parents up until the child is 25yrs old... after all, we are relentlessly lectured that the brain is not fully developed until that age, and child crims should be let off easy or even let go free with no consequences. :)

If the court determined abortion was a violation of a right to life, then a law making abortion legal would be unconstitutional...

...much like a law denying the right to life of any other class, such as the elderly, handicapped, or poor would be unconstitutional. The only thing that continues to allow abortion to be debated is the question of when, legally, life begins. We have a much better conception of when life ends...

^^^ This.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Pretty hard to deny that depriving the unborn of life also eliminates their unalienable right to pursue happiness!

The legality of abortion turned on the court arbitrarily and, IMO, capriciously ruling that a unborn baby is not a "human" until it has exited the womb. It is only the advent of modern HD ultrasound scans that has educated the gen pop to a different understanding of when life begins.

I have my own belief/thinking on when life begins, but we should remain wary that the legality of abortion (fetal murder) will likely always turn on:

1. When life begins
    2. A fetus is just tissue
    3. This "tissue" is part of a woman's body (belongs to, or ownership of the woman)
    4. Something else that I seem to have forgotten. Sigh. Aging sucks!! (Edit: now I remember, since the fetus is said to be tissue that is part of a woman's body, then abortion becomes "women's health care" rather than murder of the unborn.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom