Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So people can buy their way around the rules...

Are we the Democrats now?!? :clown:
    Now? What do you mean? It has always been the case that if someone spends the money to become a site supporter they automatically get all the privileges of folks who have been posting for a while. The only reason for the 25 post requirement is to make sure people are committed to the site before they start PMing and selling. Well, money == commitment, right?

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Damn, in reply to a new guy I just posted "In my recent experience" yet did not mean to set off a schight storm.
    So after all this, it appears "if you wish to, Do, if not, Don't. And apparently BOS stands for "Bible Open Studies"lol

I do wonder however, how many of you guys giving legal advice are actually attorneys, or at best have in some way, legal experience regarding lawsuits that involved wrongful death where you had to defend yourself. That kind of experience might be of help to many a forum readers.
    My attorney said remember "statutory law, criminal law, civil law, and jury opinion" can all be somewhat different.
    On a hopefully different note not related to Bible Open Studies:
    Benenglish said "However, the system enforces a de facto posting requirement for buyers because new users can't PM until they have 25 posts.
    Several of those newbies that contacted me did not appear to have any previous posts and obviously contacted me via PM and our back and forth did not appear on my 'official posting'. So either it is not working correctly of I am not reading their post correctly. Could well be me.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Several of those newbies that contacted me did not appear to have any previous posts and obviously contacted me via PM and our back and forth did not appear on my 'official posting'.
    Something's off. I'll pass this up to the people who actually maintain the software.

kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    As a first time buyer from the Forum, I personally googled HKp30SK for sale in Houston. TJjerry's popped up. I think it was a stellar deal on a gun in great shape so I registered and PM'd. Carters country had one and when I went to see it it was a beater with coating failure and looked like it had been moonlighting as a hammer. It was also a considerably higher price. I got a great gun at a great price which is the way I prefer to do business, Rather then go through a shop. Not all First time buyers to the forum are bad. Jerry is a great guy, and im glad to have got to know him a little and look forward to keeping up with him on the forum. Ultimately all gun enthusiasts prefer to do business like this, its where the best deals are. I couldn't be happier about finding the forum, its great buying selling and trading of fire arms has been in my family for generations, and this is a great avenue for that to continue.

kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    Oh yeah and I 100% pm'd Terry via his sale thread, with no problem at all, There may be a software glitch somewhere, if thats "verboten". However, I am definitely glad I was able to.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I 100% pm'd Terry via his sale thread, with no problem at all, There may be a software glitch somewhere
    The glitch has supposedly been fixed. I'd be interested in confirmation, though. If you see this before your post counts gets out of the single digits, I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me.

Top Bottom