• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I am new here and plan to sell off most of my 50 year collection. I have a hard time sitting at a gunshow table for three days;)
    I look at their Texas driver's license or adjacent state for long guns, meet at a safe place and accept only cash... any other advice?
    No sir, sounds like you got it figured out.

So when do we get to peak in the safe?:stir:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    We have indeed established that opinions are like belly buttons. We all have one and they are all a bit different. (cleaned that up a bit)
    Since I have just sold my first gun today via this site: I will tell you my experience. Each of those that had no previous posts (signed up possibly just to communicate with me about my sale item) each one bailed when I ask if they had a LTC or if not I would use their TDL to run a background check on them. One even stated that he was "here on a Visa and could not risk a background check". (I do not want these people to have my guns period.)
    I personally would prefer, since I am not desperate to sell, my guns going to a person that I don't have to answer questions to some fed agent down the road. That is why I also ask the person to sign a BOS. You don't want to risk loosing your sale, then don't use one.
    I stayed with the effort and a very nice gentleman TGTer stepped up and purchased my gun today. Do what you need to do to be able to look at yourself in the mirror each morning.
    My BOS states that "no warranties or express or implied" and that "the buyer has stated that he is allowed to own a handgun in Texas" to protect me, and that this sale is "considered paid in full as of this date" to protect him.
    It may be the person's family that he wrongfully shoots comes after my savings in a civil suit that I would like to do a bit to CMA from. Even if you have nothing to loose, you might have attorney fees. I'm just sayin.
    As long as you mention your requirements in your ad you can ask for whatever you want to complete the sale.

Many here won't sign a BOS as they can actually be used against you more often than they help you.

But if the requirements are stated up front then you don't have to worry about a buyer walking away from you after meeting up.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To be honest, years ago, when I did sell a gun to someone not known to me personally, j would do a bill of sale, for my own protection.

Over fifteen years now, the few guns I have sold, were to close friends or family, or have put them on consignment sale at a gun store.

Part of the reason I get rid of very few guns now, I tend to do much more research on the guns I'm interested in before buying them, which means much less surprises when I do buy a new gun.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    With all that is available to us currently, researching just about any gun is literally at our fingertips.

I can remember having to rely on magazines, word of mouth and just buying a gun and trying it out.
    I now will often focus on one gun, only to find through research a different better gun that I end up buying.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    No sir, sounds like you got it figured out.

So when do we get to peak in the safe?:stir:
    Gotta do that 25 post thing ... I'll try to post pics on gallery today of upcoming departures, Swiss luger, 56 Steyr Mannlicher .308, Persian Mauser zf41 carbine with erma 22 adapter, S&W 27-2, HK P7 psp, AK 74 Russian with 3 scopes, some others are still in Colorado

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In the same boat! Currently researching a small 9mm pistol to replace my Bersa 380 I carry quite often. I'm not in any hurry, so the search and research continue!

My search was resolved when Sig introduced the P938 9 years ago. I actually bought the first one shipped to Texas, and have carried it since without regret.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Back on topic a bit, and being a new member that has purchased from a couple great members....does a bill of sale not protect the buyer as well?

For example say you purchase something and you get pulled over. They run the serial number and it comes back stolen.

Does the BOS not protect you from being charged with receipt of stolen property?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    IIRC, there is no such charge in Texas except for titled property.
    I purchased a rifle from an individual that turned out to be stolen. Gave the police all the info I had and surrendered the rifle and that was the last I heard of it.
    I'm just out the money.
    The last time I had one checked, it came back no record. Cop asked how much, and sad he would have bought it too.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I personally buy from texasguntrader.com and have tried with armslist. Not interested in travel and can set a city location (armslist) or distance on texasguntrader. I have done very well with that. Usually meet in busy place like WalMart. Our local police has a camera setup location as a safe place but won't allow firearm transfer there. Why not I don't know. I personally like these sites as one can see how long the person is registered. Recently had a buy fall through because of the lockdown. Never really had any problems but my wife is always in the car with 9mm ready to go if needed.

Top Bottom