Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Three questions:
    1. Are you a criminal?
    2. Do you live in Texas?
    3. Do you have green money?

What are you selling? I have tons of these!

27918207_1.jpg
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• 27918207_1.jpg
      27918207_1.jpg
      245.6 KB · Views: 506

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I am new here and plan to sell off most of my 50 year collection. I have a hard time sitting at a gunshow table for three days;)
    I look at their Texas driver's license or adjacent state for long guns, meet at a safe place and accept only cash... any other advice?

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I am new here and plan to sell off most of my 50 year collection. I have a hard time sitting at a gunshow table for three days;)
    I look at their Texas driver's license or adjacent state for long guns, meet at a safe place and accept only cash... any other advice?
    Oh no. Here comes the BOS/No BOS debacle again.

:popcorn:

Last edited:

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    We have indeed established that opinions are like belly buttons. We all have one and they are all a bit different. (cleaned that up a bit)
    Since I have just sold my first gun today via this site: I will tell you my experience. Each of those that had no previous posts (signed up possibly just to communicate with me about my sale item) each one bailed when I ask if they had a LTC or if not I would use their TDL to run a background check on them. One even stated that he was "here on a Visa and could not risk a background check". (I do not want these people to have my guns period.)
    I personally would prefer, since I am not desperate to sell, my guns going to a person that I don't have to answer questions to some fed agent down the road. That is why I also ask the person to sign a BOS. You don't want to risk loosing your sale, then don't use one.
    I stayed with the effort and a very nice gentleman TGTer stepped up and purchased my gun today. Do what you need to do to be able to look at yourself in the mirror each morning.
    My BOS states that "no warranties or express or implied" and that "the buyer has stated that he is allowed to own a handgun in Texas" to protect me, and that this sale is "considered paid in full as of this date" to protect him.
    It may be the person's family that he wrongfully shoots comes after my savings in a civil suit that I would like to do a bit to CMA from. Even if you have nothing to loose, you might have attorney fees. I'm just sayin.

PEMDAS

Former mall ninja
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2020
    Denton
    I’m new to this forum, and new to the state. I didn’t join with the intention of using the marketplace, but you never know when a deal comes around you can’t say no to. I fully expect to be asked for my Texas DL and maybe LTC. I didn’t think about it before, but since I have no feedback yet, I would share a link to my previous state gun forum that shows 100% positive feedback, if asked.

If that’s not good enough then I am fine with walking away from the deal.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Don't run off! Give us a chance! You'll likely get waaaay more advice on how to sell guns on here than anywhere else in the world! Don't let it bother you, everybody is right, nobody is wrong, and they all have different ways if doing stuff. The first hurdle is getting over the lack of importance with a bill of sale. It really doesn't protect a seller or buyer. But I'm sure you'll hear more about that. When I sell a gun, I just ask to see a TDL with a picture on it. I don't care what the name says, etc. That way I'm clear on having no reason to believe he is not a resident of Texas. Don't be thin skinned around here. I'm kinda' new here also. :green:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    With certain folks here, if you post up a gun(s) at a fair price, you'll sell quickly and cleanly. I don't care about a man seeing my TDL or LTC - but writing any info from it, or asking for a BOS, is a non-starter for me. I'm a businessman, and partners in a gun shop - I have no need to rip anyone off.

Top Bottom