Seeking a Full Service, Competent & Reliable Gunsmith In The Texarkana Area (either side of TX/AR border)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    As the title to this thread says, I am trying to find a full service, competent, & reliable gunsmith near Texarkana, either in TX or AR. One with reasonable prices is much preferred. I would also prefer the gunsmith to be within a 50 mile drive but if need be, I'd be willing to travel up to 100 miles from Texarkana. Need either a new serialized (same serial number as on the existing damaged one) bolt for an AES-10 to be fabricated or a repair to the existing ones twisted, bent and scraped bolt handle. I am trying to get an estimate for insurance purposes and probably will have it repaired or a new one made. I contacted a few smiths, one replied but had no clue as to what is an AES-10 (much like an AK). Most others, the rest of those I have contacted, simply have not had the courtesy to send a reply to my inquiry. I even tried Turnbull in upstate NY (they do some marvelous restorations and repairs). They sent a form email saying they would reply but never replied beyond saying that. This is quite frustrating.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom