• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    When I lived in the city and was in a relationship with my lady we would many times get a couple of the rotisserie chickens from the grocery. The first night we (the two of us and her 2 children from her previous marriage) would enjoy the chicken as is. Having grown up poor and a country boy I was not one to waste food. The chicken would always have a lot of good meat left on the carcass. So I would get myself a large pot and a large metal sieve, into the sieve would go those carcasses and then into the pot filled with water. I then boiled until most of the meat fell off of the bone, any meat left on, I would remove with a fork. Now I had chicken broth and boneless chicken ready for soup. It is important to use the chicken skin, there are fats and nutrients that are useful. I would cut the skin into really fine pieces and chop the meat into somewhat coarse pieces. The meat and finely cut skin would be returned to the pot, then a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and several bullion cubes (to taste) of the Knorr Caldo de Tomate with Chicken flavor would be added. Simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally, then add noodles or "dumplings". Cook until noodles are done and serve. Her kids had never eaten any meal like this and it became one of their favorites, it was a good way to get them to even eat some veggies.

She and I are no longer a couple, but the "Dump Soup", brought back this memory.
    ARJ Defense ad

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I make Chicken and dumplings with My leftover rotisserie chicken . same process for the chicken I would buy a can of the storebrand premade biscuits to use I put 5 or six in cut into at least quarters . Add a large can of Cream of chicken soup . may be some celery and carrots and you have good eats

Top Bottom