• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well I got the new plinker out to the range today to get an idea of how it works.

All of the shots were taken at 25 yards with open sights. Nothing fantastic but it gave me an idea of where I need to work on the rifle. I sighted it in in the middle of the target, then did some groups at each of the corners, starting from the bottom right and working in a clockwise fashion. The two outer targets on the right side are American Eagle AE22 plated HP 40 round packages, the two on the left are Blazer LRN. I sighted it in with Winchester 333, which it didn't like, I had several failures to go into battery. The other two ran basically flawless, I had one issue with the Blazer and none with the American Eagle. As the rifle warmed up, the shots began going up and to the right, some bedding and barrel free-float work will be happening in the future.

View of the full target

Center target, none of the groups are spectacular but this is pretty bad. Coupled with the reliability issues I won't be shooting much Winchester 333 through this rifle.

First American eagle group, pretty well centered. Group is not great but acceptable for a plinker.

First Blazer target, notice the impact moving to the right. It shot the Blazer better than the other two.

Second Blazer target, shots are moving right and up and the group is opening up some.

Final American Eagle target, wanted to make sure the group shifting was not ammunition, this proved that it's a characteristic of the rifle.

Top Bottom