• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    A lot of the places that offer LTC classes on Sundays at an affordable-for-me price (sub $50) are all on the extreme south and/or west sides of town like A Place To Shoot, Blackhawk, and the Bullethole.

IIRC, some of them are offering tuition for as low as $16 on Groupon, which seemed awesome at first when factored together with the cost of fingerprinting, application fees, ammo, etc. but then terrible when factoring in work scheduling issues or just getting there mean attendance is 100% completely impossible for me. Even Buck & Doe's Mercantile on the far North side is too far away, as I am in the FM78/Walzem area.

Am I hopefully missing a resource somewhere, or am I really just stuck for now? 7Foxtrot offers classes downtown but adjourn to APTS for the range portion, which is right out. All of the instructors I've found so far operating out of Bracken, Nardis, Lone Star, and Bexar County Community all charge $75+ and/or only teach Saturdays, and I am wholly unwilling to take a day off work even once (and lose 10+ hours worth of overtime pay) to take a Saturday class.

Apparently, San Antonio Firearms Training held their only remaining Sunday LTC class I saw listed for the rest of this year today for $18, and I didn't find out about it until it was too late. I'm still going absolutely completely out of my mind over it.

Does anyone know of any avenues I haven't yet found/thought of?
    Capitol Armory ad

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    What do you consider affordable? I havent seen anyplace that I thought was unreasonable. I used bracken gun/TSI since it was closest to my home. Just steer clear of their guns, ammo, ffl transfers, and gunsmith. After all , its just a dumb class with commonsense related quizzing and a simple shooting/reloading test. If I would have known that you can take care of everything at one place I would have went to Lone Star.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    What do you consider affordable? I havent seen anyplace that I thought was unreasonable. I used bracken gun/TSI since it was closest to my home. Just steer clear of their guns, ammo, ffl transfers, and gunsmith. After all , its just a dumb class with commonsense related quizzing and a simple shooting/reloading test. If I would have known that you can take care of everything at one place I would have went to Lone Star.

Sorry OT...
    What's up with Bracken guns FFL transfers? Expensive?

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Sorry OT...
    What's up with Bracken guns FFL transfers? Expensive?
    Im just annoyed with them. I only tried to use them once. They were unable to send the paperwork via fax ( their fax doesnt work) or by email. I called a week after I started the process (vacation). They saod they were unable to contact the store that wad sending it. I found it odd because I called them, they answered and I sent them an email to which they responded I 15min. Apparently, bracken guns isn't up to speed on technology. Only did it get resolved after I left a poor Google review. I would have been fine of they would have contacted and told me the issue. Good news is I found that Modern Elite on 281/San Pedro has phenomenal CS and did it for $20 less. ME had the gun in 2 day where BG had 3 weeks to do it and failed.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    In my area I've seen advertisements for the classroom portion to be done at your house. Maybe there's something like that around your neck of the woods.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    There's a guy in the ne area that comes to your house. I will try to find his info.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Here it is
    f137ca1c4da124c154bc5ee3817c5922.jpg

Top Bottom