Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    oprah.jpeg

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    How so?

It would mean no state could go back to may issue.
    It wouldn't recognize National Constitutional Carry as implicit in the 2nd Amendment, but would establish state limitations on the 2nd as constitutional.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It wouldn't recognize National Constitutional Carry as implicit in the 2nd Amendment, but would establish state limitations on the 2nd as constitutional.

That issue is not before the court.

What is before the court is NY May issue law, and whether it should be shall issue.

Yeah, if they take that and run with it to endorse CC, that would be a huge win.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    If it goes in our favor, it will be similar to D.C. vs. Heller- it won't make too much of an advancement for most gun owners.
    But if it goes south, it wouldn't be good.

As far as SCOTUS, my opinion has changed a bit since the election. Before, I was enthusiastic, now, I am leery.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If it goes in our favor, it will be similar to D.C. vs. Heller- it won't make too much of an advancement for most gun owners.
    But if it goes south, it wouldn't be good.

As far as SCOTUS, my opinion has changed a bit since the election. Before, I was enthusiastic, now, I am leery.

This pretty much mirrors my own thoughts on SCOTUS as well.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    As appeals-court judges, Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett adopted Second Amendment approaches that generally point to looser constitutional limits on weapons possession.

Last year, Justice Neil Gorsuch joined two long-serving justices, Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito, in dissenting from dismissal as moot of a different gun case after New York City

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The NY case issued a LTC but restricted carry to hunting only. That is the case unless SCOTUS decides to make it 'law' like they did gay marriage. Which was unconstitutional but the stupid state Gov. decided it was cheaper to oblige than pay court costs due to 'rainbow' suits.

Top Bottom