• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Really surprised it takes 3 years of experience to get a good job with these new hours of service rules. I'm on the other end and it's like pulling teeth to get a truckload of something delivered on short notice.

Congrats on the new job. Probably a good time to investigate the region you'll be working in and see if your cell phone provider has decent coverage in that area.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    First day of orientation its a stock yard here. 250 brand new trucks. They have their own driving school. 6g's for the school. Plus after you graduate you owe them a year.
    They even issue the driving permits (gold mine). It's like a pre school here be quiet
    Stand in line. And most of the instructors are rude smart mouths. But no worries I just want to move around and get paid. The yard has at least 200 new rigs.
    But in the defense they are running 2-3 hundred people a week in here.
    Takin the road test In the morning. The only thing is i have roommates that i don't know or trust. Sleeping with one eye open

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Called a driver mill all the big players do it, Swift, Knight, England, Werner, here sign this contract here team with this guy oh you don't like it bam you owe us big money.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Called a driver mill all the big players do it, Swift, Knight, England, Werner, here sign this contract here team with this guy oh you don't like it bam you owe us big money.
    Tru_dat just never seen one up close. Me I'm blessed I came with all my creds so if it doesn't work I don't owe anything.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I went to a private truck school, I have a record so 10yrs ago when I was new Swift hired me. Not a bad bad place to work but you get a rep when you have 20,000 Tractors and newbies driving 90% of them.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    But man they get over the newbies get sent out with a trainer. The trainer makes 70+ cents a
    Mile the newbie gets .20 plus the trainer gets paid x amount training fee.
    Truck driving is brutal. Me I get 24% of what the load pays and after 2 hrs the load fee and 15.00 a hr after that. But pray for the first timers. They don't even get a reach around

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    When i was with my trainer you got 300 the first 2 weeks 400 the next 2 weeks and by the time the 6 weeks was up you got 500 then .25 cents a mile that was nearly 10yrs ago. The sand truck on our location make 250hr after the first 2hrs not nessasarily what the drivers gets but it's what is charged for detention.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I know it's just sad. But they will learn just like you and I. But on the greedy side I'm in it fo da donuts. They say I could be stuck on the pad for 12 plus hrs at a time.
    So what. A play station microwave food. And lounging. Just pay me

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Lol yeah be nice to the sand coordinator and maybe you can get some of the catering if that company provides it.

Top Bottom