• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    old widder woman that owns ranch we live on found her husbands gun stuff including a pristeen colt detective spl .38 and a sack of odds and ends. in exchange for me showing her how to load and shoot the .38, she gave me the sack of old ammo. ONE 45 colt bullet by herters, several cans of pellets, and.....the full carton 20210321_102025.jpg 20210321_102011.jpg of 22 LR. check out the price!
    Capitol Armory ad

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I remember paying less than that for .22's, but I've never seen a "Mohawk" brand. Looks like a Remington box.

I also remember buying stuff at Oshman's. They were a pretty good sporting goods store, then they decided that they should be a clothing store that maybe had a few sports items. That's why they're no longer around. (Academy, are you listening??)

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm about 90% sure that I have a few boxes of Mohawk branded 12ga that was thrown into a pile of shotgun ammo that my uncle gave me awhile back. I assumed it was rebranded Remington due to the color scheme.

I just googled a few things. Apparently, Mohawk was Remington's promotional line of ammo and was common in discount chain stores back in the day. They started using the name in the early 70s.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom