• ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hello,
    I joined this forum just to answer this question, but I will have to check it out more!!!

I am a member of the Grapetown Schuetzen Verein, as is my Dad and was my Grandfather on my mothers' side. This is one of 6 shooting clubs in Gillespie county that compete within their own clubs most of the year and get together for the Gillespie County Bundesfest (Schuetzenfest) at one of the 3 ranges in the county, (this year's fest is July 31-Aug 1 at the Bear Creek shooting range in Gillespie county). Lately, the Schuetzenfest has had around 130 shooters. There are 2 classes, Rimfire (22lr only) and centerfire(most are 22-250, but there are others...). All shooting is at 200 yards, shot standing with a fixed barrel rest, open sights only (no peep sights). Most of the rifles have a hook that rests on top of your shoulder and weigh 12 to 20lbs.

View attachment 4263

My grandfather won the rimfire king (Schuetzenkoenig) in 1969 and I won rimfire king in 1997. Still trying for more.....

DPSTX

lmao @ what the attached picture has turned to over the course of over half a decade.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Usually pics get deleted over time and the old link URL's that used to accompany them get assigned to newer uploaded pics by that member lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    p94s9.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Yet another thread revival, this time concerning some of the history behind these competitions back in the "old country"...

Painted Targets of Tyrol

Kuntsvolle Ziele (Artful Targets)

PA021534-660x440.jpg

Recently, after a successful week of hunting in the Tyrol region of Austria, I had a free day to spare before my flight.

While visiting some friends in Kufstein, I toured the Festung Kufstein, or Kufstein Fortress. If one is traveling to Bavaria, Tyrol, or South Tyrol and are going anywhere near Innsbruck, the Festung Kufstein is worth a stop (just don’t forget to purchase a vignette toll sticker before entering Austria!). Though better known for having the world’s largest outdoor pipe organ, the fortress has some pretty great arms-related exhibits. Tucked away in a tower was one exhibit in particular that I found fascinating: hand-painted targets of the 19th and twentieth century...

(Full article at title link)

DPSTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Leander
    The pic in #6 is certainly not mine... likely the one I put in was something like....:
    Photo0054.jpg

I won the Centerfire king 2 years ago, didn't do nearly so well this year, but had fun nonetheless. It was HOT!!!
    My Schuetzen Rifles:
    IMG_1827.jpg

the near one is a 1960 Winchester 52C, 22lr
    the rear one is a 1991 Winchester Model 70, 243 Win. Both Custom of course...
    DPSTX

Attachments

• Photo0054.jpg
      Photo0054.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 313
    • IMG_1827.jpg
      IMG_1827.jpg
      189.6 KB · Views: 355
    Top Bottom