• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Any other LTC Instructors here going to be at this class?

I paid for it almost 2 years ago. The last several classes offered I have not been able to take due to being out of state for work.
    Lynx Defense

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No, but I might be looking for one of those instructors some time in the future. Is that the class that gets you approved to conduct training for the school marshal program?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I attended last year.......good class.....

One thing they did different for shooting qual...

They pushed us out to 50 yards for the last 10 rounds with a blank new target.........

Everyone (but me) had 4-5 in. hi cap 9's. I was shooting my Defender 45.....

A Couple of the Troopers asked me why....because I always qualify with the gun I actually carry...

Many missed all 10 rounds at 50.......pleased to say...I did pretty well....

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No, but I might be looking for one of those instructors some time in the future. Is that the class that gets you approved to conduct training for the school marshal program?
    No. That is an 80 hour TCOLE class.
    This is the 16 hour class that allows approved school employees to Cary a concealed handgun for the purpose of stopping an active shooter.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No. That is an 80 hour TCOLE class.
    This is the 16 hour class that allows approved school employees to Cary a concealed handgun for the purpose of stopping an active shooter.
    Right. What I'm asking is if that 80 hour TCOLE class is the one that gets you approved as a trainer to teach the 16 hour school employee class.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Right. What I'm asking is if that 80 hour TCOLE class is the one that gets you approved as a trainer to teach the 16 hour school employee class.
    No. The two day class LTC Instructors take( the one I am taking next week) is for teaching the 16 hour school employee class.

School Marshall is a completely different program.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    No. The two day class LTC Instructors take( the one I am taking next week) is for teaching the 16 hour school employee class.

School Marshall is a completely different program.
    Okay thanks. My daughter just started day school and I think it qualifies as a private school (because of the older kids there) and I want to encourage them to have someone trained as a school marshal. It's hard to find info on getting the class - the local CC that teaches the LEO course didn't even know who to ask about it.

Top Bottom