• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxmax0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2021
    Hawkins TX
    Everything is made in china.

Would live to find a stainless steel vacuum insulated drinking bottle thingy made in the US. Not assembled, not headquartered. Clearly to much to ask

I currently own Hydro flask

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Big!

Attachments

• 6B39A8E4-7B6E-4180-AC13-F9EB0FEF287D.png
      6B39A8E4-7B6E-4180-AC13-F9EB0FEF287D.png
      71.8 KB · Views: 76

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Orca drink ware isn’t entirely made in the USA, but they still have Americans doing the powder coating, decorating, and laser engraving. That’s where my money would go for a tumbler.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Everything is made in china.

Would live to find a stainless steel vacuum insulated drinking bottle thingy made in the US. Not assembled, not headquartered. Clearly to much to ask

I currently own Hydro flask
    Hit some garage sales on the weekend. I have seen some of the older Thermos' at them occasionally. Might try a local flea market as well.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    The Ecoway Housewares web site has a great explanation:

1659197185788.png

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    If you know any kids doing Big Kahuna as a fundraiser, their SS tumblers are good. Go on the fundraiser website, and you can find discounts.

BK is a racket, but some of it does go to the kids....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    The Ecoway Housewares web site has a great explanation:

View attachment 335472

Another example of our rulers selling us out.

It’s insane not having steel, integrated circuits, medication etc outsourced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Another example of our rulers selling us out.
    Not exactly. Cheep steel manufacturing went to China, US tried to keep specialty stuff here but it didn't work. Labor (bosses) get ticked and cost goes UP. same going to happen to elec vehicles, most everything. More inflation. Can't compete with 'free' labor. Farmers dumping beef and chicken now before their costs get just too high. Wheat, corn and soybean doing real poor this summer, due to no rain and high heat. Going to take a couple years to get back to normal.
    Stock up NOW.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I have an old Nissan vacuum bottle & coffee cup that were made in Japan. I was looking at their stuff briefly.
    I'd feel better buying something made in Japan than buying something made in china. For vacuum flasks and tumblers you really can't go wrong even with the "cheap" imitators. I think yeti and other expensive brands tested well, but the clones also did really well in independent tests for a fraction of the cost. I got an Ozark Trail from Walmart and used it for years. Ice water and hot tea alike keeps for more than half a day. I don't know exactly how long it'll keep cold or hot because I drink it too fast to know. I've also got a huge 64oz from Tal, and another generic one smaller than my 32oz Ozark Trail. Even if the vacuum fails, it still has the air gap and it'll keep hot or cold for most of the day regardless.

I'd recommend an Ozark Trail from Walmart because I've used mine for years working from my van, and drinking both hot and cold. The lid is still in good shape. I've dropped it a few times and its still working just fine. No condensation so I don't think the vacuum has failed. Last time I walked through the sporting goods aisle near me they still sold lids for the thing if mine broke or was misplaced.

As others pointed out, even if you wanted a plain stainless steel one made in the US of A, it'd be prohibitively expensive and nobody would buy it. A Yeti is $38. An Ozark Trail is $9. I have a feeling if they were made here they'd be $100 and nobody would be willing to spend that much. No iron mines, no expensive stamping equipment, unionized labor, EPA, OSHA, inflation, and HR would drive the costs of making a drinking vessel too expensive here.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I agree that Japanese made is better to buy than Chinese, even though I’m still a little pissed about that Pearl Harbor thing.
    :marine:

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Non-Stainless Tervis are or use to be made in the USA. They have excellent warranties (we had to send back a few that warped in the dishwasher).

Their stainless models are made in China.

Top Bottom