• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have been wanting 2 ACOG’s. First one is for a 14.5 Colt SOCOM upper, the other for a 20 inch FN A6 upper IIRC. I know they make specific BDC for both uppers for the 55 grain bullets. At this time I can’t afford both at the same time. I’m leaning towards the 14.5 first.

Trijicon sure has enough retitles, and really what color stands out best in Texas?
    DK Firearms

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Color is subjective. Choose the bdc based on what you shoot the most. Even then you will need to test and verify. Make a dope card if and tape it to the stock

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I like the Chevrons, red. Never tried the green but they wouldn’t be correct for my clone either.

I like them, very easy to use, simple, and effective. The eye relief is not the best though but again worked well enough for us. Pretty tough pieces of gear too, almost Marine proof. If the eye relief was a little more generous I’d have several more.

ETA: The Marine version RCO is calibrated for 62gr for both the A4 and M4 variants.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I like the Chevrons, red. Never tried the green but they wouldn’t be correct for my clone either.

I like them, very easy to use, simple, and effective. The eye relief is not the best though but again worked well enough for us. Pretty tough pieces of gear too, almost Marine proof. If the eye relief was a little more generous I’d have several more.

ETA: The Marine version RCO is calibrated for 62gr for both the A4 and M4 variants.
    The TA11, TA44, and others that have better eye relief, they aren't all like the TA01 or TA31

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    I have been wanting 2 ACOG’s. First one is for a 14.5 Colt SOCOM upper, the other for a 20 inch FN A6 upper IIRC. I know they make specific BDC for both uppers for the 55 grain bullets. At this time I can’t afford both at the same time. I’m leaning towards the 14.5 first.

Trijicon sure has enough retitles, and really what color stands out best in Texas?
    For the 14.5 SOCOM rifle you have, you want a TA01. That's the SOCOM ACOG, they came in black (early ones), and anodized tan (later issued one when we started getting Elcans). The TA31s were a big Army issued sight. IDK what Marines used, but it was like the Army's.

They are good sights and relatively bulletproof. They have a short eye relief (for the nose on charging handle). Elcans are the same way. Pretty generous exit pupil as long as you're in the eyebox and they hold a good zero.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta01nsn

Midway has them in stock, both black and tan. The tan ones look cerakoted.

Bamban

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Anderson Mill Area
    At the height of the war I augmented the US Army Marksmanship Unit in the SDM trainings as a civilian. We travelled to other bases, but I went to Benning and helped them on Easley Range a few times.

We get around 40 soldiers in the class, using SDM rifles each class would shoot around 12K rounds in a week.

In all the Ks of rounds fired through the rifles across the duration of the program, I only witnessed one TA01 go out. It would not hold black at 600 yards.

At first we were giving the SDM grief till I tested the rifle, then handed it an AMU top dog. Yes, the TA01 was kaput.

Tough gear.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    0507976A-D699-469B-BADF-A859543410F1.jpeg

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Lots of American money for a proven battle tough optic. IF you ain't going to battle, save your dollars, buy a knock off if looks are involved. or a more modern optic if performance is your goal.

Top Bottom