• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Baiting kids into ROTC with a gun range!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curt Gunner

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Houston
    According to the article,the kids practice using 1.77 mm pellets. Most of us have to
    use .17 caliber pellets.I guess only the military has access to these heretofore
    unheard of projectiles.Or maybe the "journalist" is a .........

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    This is a good way to reinforce the fact that there are more sports in the Olympics than people running and jumping. The shooting sports have been a fixture for many years but are completely ignored by the media. There are typically 15 shooting events in the Olympics, from air riles to free pistol to trap, but they are all representative of the need to raise the next generations to love and respect firearms.

I tip my hat to the school board of the Joshua School District!!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Baiting kids into ROTC with a gun range!
    AFJROTC had a great influence on my life. I learned navigation for flying, since forgot but learned it anyways. I learned drill and that the USAF wasn't for me.

Most importantly, and it's one life long lasting effect on my life, it's where I learned how to fight. As a freshman in that uniform once a week I learned all about bullying, really other kids phucking with you over the uniform, and how to deal with them. I'm not talking name calling but spitting, throwing munna or dirt on you or scuffing the shoes you spent hours shining.

The program Sgt reminded us early that if you're not in a ring and there is no ref then there are no rules.

Took about a month. Won most fights with the aggressor being unable to continue, Lost a couple fights, ruined a uniform, but no one phucked with me for the next two years of that program. Like most places in life you don't gotta stand tall but you do have to stand.

So ya, AFJROTC taught me some things a 13 year old needed to succeed in life. I'd be all in for a gun range and shooting sport.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    When I was in Maryland, if was a CRIME for our gun club to even MENTION to the ROTC we would let them use our private range. Damn glad I got out of there.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is a good way to reinforce the fact that there are more sports in the Olympics than people running and jumping. The shooting sports have been a fixture for many years but are completely ignored by the media. There are typically 15 shooting events in the Olympics, from air riles to free pistol to trap, ...
    Free pistol is gone from the Olympics. I won't go into the history of that particular sport in the Olympics but the loss of it at that level will ultimately be devastating for the shooting sports. I strongly suspect that the IOC will eventually force all rifle and pistol shooting into laser-only formats.

:(

mr.hammond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2020
    Salado
    My high school (Haltom) had one. The ROTC managed it, sponsored turkey shoots on the range in school during thanksgiving as a fundraiser. Good times.

Top Bottom