• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    Neither. I've become a true believer in the Browning Maxxus/Winchester SX3 series of shotguns. If you want an all around gun that is just as easy to clean, shoots faster, is light recoiling, and will handle just about anything up to 3 1/2" shells, either of these are the ticket.

...and they're a couple hundred dollars cheaper to boot!

gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    Plus 1 on the SX3/FN slp shotguns. Shoot fast and reliable. Different gas pistons available to shoot light trap and skeet loads. Great on the light recoil. Mine is an older model Flanigun and will shoot 3" shells. I have a Briley 10 round ext tube and a 26" barrel.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    SBE II. I haven't tried any of the other options, and don't need to. I have a couple thousand rounds through mine, and haven't had a FTF or FTE ever. I even cleaned it once to keep it running right, but apparently it doesn't need it. Plus, I can load the lightest skeet round after a 3 1/2" boomer and don't have to worry about changing any parts. Most of the auto loaders that will shoot both require a parts change to do so. Not the SBE II. As far as shotguns go, the Benellis are hard to beat.

dk250x

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Georgetown
    SBEII I bought a used one from a pawn shop, and put over 6000 rounds through it, and it never failed to fire or eject. I shot 7/8 oz hand loads all the way to 3 inch buckshot with no problems.

I put the gun through a torture test when I first bought it, over 2000 rounds without a cleaning. Just a little oil on the bolt now and then. It functioned flawlessly. I sold the same gun to my little brother, and he has put 1000's of rounds through it also.

Top Bottom