• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I've never been to the saxet gun show. Is it worth going? Are the prices lower than big box stores or lgs?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Occasionally you will find deals, and you can always barter with private sellers; but the biggest advantage is the large selection of firearms to look at and handle.

As to whether they are worth the time and effort, some argue they are and others not. It's up to what you like, but for me I find them a cheap way to spend a few hours around a lot of guns and like-minded individuals.

Cheers! M2
    Military Camp

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Occasionally you will find deals, and you can always barter with private sellers; but the biggest advantage is the large selection of firearms to look at and handle.

As to whether they are worth the time and effort, some argue they are and others not. It's up to what you like, but for me I find them a cheap way to spend a few hours around a lot of guns and like-minded individuals.

Cheers! M2
    That's what I thought. I may go check it out sometime. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone go this morning? Was thinking about it, but sleeping in sounded better. Just wondered if there was a crowd. Might give it a try tomorrow although if the weather is nice I may go to the range instead...

Cheers! M2

I was there from about 9-11, crowd was normal sized (we are usually there same time each month). Prices ranged from normal to a little higher. Didn't buy anything but did pick up a couple of transfers. IMG_0030.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    studenygreg,

I've found any number of "hard to find" smaller items at the SAXET show in SA. - Otoh, I've not been to their shows elsewhere.

This go-round, I'm looking for a vintage/widefield/compact American or German made 2 to 3X scope for my "new to me" Model 760 in 9.3x62mm.

yours, satx

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I went today. Vendors said it was busy Saturday. Still had at line to get in the door when I left at 3pm. Prices were usual to a little high. Picked up a 22 for the kids. Couldn't find the powder I was looking for.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Saturday the crowd was huge. I bought/sold nothing.

A lot of guns walking. Little cash being offered.

Sunday was quieter.
    I sold two and bought three.

All things considered, scant effect to be seen that would relate to the upcoming election.

It's been discussed elsewhere, but little to no "panic buying". People consider Hillary mostly harmless.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Reasonable prices sold just fine...we are out of AR lowers of any kind, AR uppers of any caliber or configuration, AR bolt carrier groups, pocket sized pistols, and all .22LR firearms. It was a busy show.

And I bought a 1920-produced 1908 to keep my "US Property" 1903 company as well as a Israeli military-marked Browning HP to join my other HP (CH-prefix Canadian and a Nazi marked Belgian).

All in all, a good weekend as long as sellers on both sides of the table didn't get greedy! I get tired of explaining that anything "walking around" is not "new in box" and that dealer cost for a new Glock Gen 3 is $440 so no, I will not pay $560 for your used Glock with "...like new, with maybe one box through it..."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom