• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just like last year, instead of posting a new thread every month, I am just going to post this one so folks who are interested can subscribe to it and get notifications of any updates.

Here are the dates for the 2015 SAXET gun shows...

Jan 3 - 4, 2015
    Feb 7 - 8, 2015
    Mar 7 - 8, 2015
    Apr 11 - 12, 2015
    May 2 - 3, 2015
    Jun 6 - 7, 2015
    Jul 11 - 12, 2015
    Aug 1 - 2, 2015
    Sep 5 - 6, 2015
    Oct 3 - 4, 2015
    Nov 7 - 8, 2015
    Dec 5 - 6, 2015

Location is the SA Event Center, 410 and Marbach (8111 Meadow Leaf, San Antonio, Texas 78227)

Show Hours:
    Sat. 9am - 6pm
    Sun. 9am - 5pm

I'm not sure if we'll be making every one, but when we do we'll be doing the usual breakfast at the usual location (IHOP) on the usual day (Saturday) at the usual time (8am) if anyone wants to join the usual crowd!

Five bucks to get in, a couple of bucks to park. One options is to come out for breakfast and then walk over afterward; but make sure you lock your vehicle and don't leave anything valuable in sight as we had someone's truck broken in to last year! :(

Cheers! M2
    Guns International

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Looks like I'm going to be in San Antonio on Saturday and may well have a chance to go to this. Have any of you SA guys been to the Austin Saxet show back when it was at the Travis County Expo Center? How does this one compare - is it generally bigger, smaller, or about the same size?

Also, I think I've read of some security issues y'all have had with this venue. Anything in particular I should watch for or be aware of other than the normal precautions?

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Looks like I'm going to be in San Antonio on Saturday and may well have a chance to go to this. Have any of you SA guys been to the Austin Saxet show back when it was at the Travis County Expo Center? How does this one compare - is if generally bigger, smaller, or about the same size?

Also, I think I've read of some security issues y'all have had with this venue. Anything in particular I should watch for or be aware of other than the normal precautions?

We went to the first SAXET show at the Travis Expo Center, it was interesting but the venue wasn't conducive for a gun show as the lighting on the upper levels was extremely poor. The SA Events Center, where the SAXET show here is held, is about twice as large or more and much better lit. Its only drawback is that SAXET crams as many tables as they can in it, which wouldn't be a bad thing if that meant more gun-related items but often it means more beef jerky and other non-firearm products. Plus it makes the aisles narrower, and when it starts to get crowded it can be tough to get through or look at what's on the tables.

As for security, for the most part it is pretty good. We have a member on here who is also a vendor at the show, and he had things stolen from his vehicle while he was taking stuff into the show. Vendors have designated parking but apparently SAXET wasn't providing security in it at the time. The public area of the lot is pretty safe, they do have a cop or two on ATVs rolling around and I have never heard of anyone having their vehicle broken in to in the public lot. We did have someone's truck broken into over at IHOP while they were at the show. What was odd about that incident was that my Jeep, which was parked directly next to the truck and didn't have any windows on it at the time, was left untouched but that may have actually helped as it was easier to see from inside the restaurant. While I wouldn't say security is bad at the show, I would always advocate never leaving any items readily visible in your vehicle and obviously always lock all your doors!

Cheers! M2

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Yea, safety at the Gun Show is nada. I spoke to some of those officers and asked about how gang members mark cars so they can be broke into at a later time, they had no clue what I was talking about. Spoke the them about the brake ins at the show and they stated we are stationed and its impossible to monitor all the cars. Oh yea don't forget the guy on the 4 wheeler is about useless. I almost got ran over by some b@#$h not wanting to stop as I walked across the dirt parking lot he just rode by not saying anything as was I yelling while pounded on her driver window. Yes, that was too close. Yet I still go to find a good deal sometimes it's like going to a junk yard (yea a lot of crap).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ya didn't miss much, Skip. Same old show. Seems like the wares were a bit down on previous years, some vendors didn't have a lot of stuff out and a few didn't even bother showing up by the time the show opened.

We walked around and as usual enjoyed talking with old friends, but in hindsight I would have preferred the extra sleep. I almost overslept this morning, got up 15 minutes late and only by chance. Would have been very tempted after last night's storm to have just rolled over and snoozed some more.

Cheers! M2

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    yep, glad I snuck out and made it by. Good to see and chat with the ones that I bumped into. Almost walked out with a XD MOD-2......no thanks to Jim!!!!! It was a close one......................there is still tomorrow though:facepalm:

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Man up Greg and buy that XD!!! CZ 85 Combat followed me home....I'll let y'all know how it shoots...but I'm pretty sure it will be awesome...it's a CZ.

Attachments

• 20150103_150615_resized_zps95d3194f.jpg
      20150103_150615_resized_zps95d3194f.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 189
    Last edited:

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I got there about noon. It was packed by then. Got a nice leather holster and looked around at all the boomsticks. I didn't buy a gun but still had a great time.

Top Bottom