• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    WOW, WOW!!! I went down to SA to visit a friend and check out the show. We got there a little after noon and didn't even get out of the car. Parking was full and overflowing into the neighborhood and the line to get in was around the corner of the building and almost to the end of that side as well. WOW

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    dammit!!! seeing you guys say that people are payig $650 for lowers makes me want to sell mine. i could really use the cash (er visit + 3 days outta work hurts). however, i cant bring myself to do it as i dont have another, or an assembled AR for that matter.

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Show was crazy! Sold my 637 walking to the back of the line lol. My friend sold a rusty sigma 9 at the very first table we went by for 200 bucks!! No box and one mag and surface rust lol!
    Got a good deal on a VZ 52 and some surplus 7.62x45 though

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I personally saw no guns that were "overpriced" selling. Ie guns that were 2x msrp or more weren't selling on the dealer or walkerby side. Lots of ar's were selling but it was obvious the shoppers were speaking with their dollars buying the best values.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    The guy standing next to me sold a bushmaster carbine with one mag for $1800.

I suppose it was hit or miss. I saw the same sort of thing but opposite. I never saw money change hands and saw the 1650 new in box bushmasters walk around most of the day. Saw rock river arms operators used for 2k not selling. I was under the impression those overpriced sales were low. Perhaps I was not observing properly, predujuiced in a way by my impressions of what was happening Also the guys walking around with no prices listed weren't getting much attention. Those are the guys hoping to get 3k.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    The guy standing next to me sold a bushmaster carbine with one mag for $1800.

Bet he bought it from us for under $1000 lmao, I've said lets put a sign up that says "remember purchasing a gun with the intent to immediately resell comes dangerously close to constituting a straw purchase" but it got shot down lol. Not saying I blame the guy for trying to make a quick buck and I've thought about it myself when we get some in but like I told you it's whatever and hopefully the buyer pulls through.

Side note a little peaved I was left out on that group pmag buy a few months ago now lmao.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Worked 3rd Coast's booth most of Saturday, selling Pmags for $50 (!) and watching them sell those crappy Dreadnaught Industries lowers for $399 (note to self: Increase dealer cost on those crappy Dreadnaught lowers).

Went home with great stuff (to me, anyway) cheap...one rifle away from a trifecta of military bolt guns. Mauser 98k, Enfield/Ishapore 308, and a nifty Navy-marked Webley MkII in 455, 4". Once the '03 is delivered, I'll have a fair set of gear for each of the major military forces in the first two World Wars. I don't count the French, of course, because...the French.

For a guy who claims not to collect military guns, I find myself with some German stuff...98k, Broomhandle, Luger, P38, PPK, MP40, MP44, MG34, MG08/15. Light on the American stuff...M1917, 1911A1, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, M16, M16A2, M4A1, and whatever the heck the 10" guns are called now, M3, 1919A4. I think I need to build a "Tommy" gun next...

Alex

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Worked 3rd Coast's booth most of Saturday, selling Pmags for $50 (!) and watching them sell those crappy Dreadnaught Industries lowers for $399 (note to self: Increase dealer cost on those crappy Dreadnaught lowers).

Went home with great stuff (to me, anyway) cheap...one rifle away from a trifecta of military bolt guns. Mauser 98k, Enfield/Ishapore 308, and a nifty Navy-marked Webley MkII in 455, 4". Once the '03 is delivered, I'll have a fair set of gear for each of the major military forces in the first two World Wars. I don't count the French, of course, because...the French.

For a guy who claims not to collect military guns, I find myself with some German stuff...98k, Broomhandle, Luger, P38, PPK, MP40, MP44, MG34, MG08/15. Light on the American stuff...M1917, 1911A1, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14, M16, M16A2, M4A1, and whatever the heck the 10" guns are called now, M3, 1919A4. I think I need to build a "Tommy" gun next...

Alex
    do you have any lowers (stripped)? i contacted you about buying one the day before the forum crashed in november, but i ended up getting a blemished PSA, my father however wants a lower and i coulfd use a 2nd.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    ...and a nifty Navy-marked Webley MkII in 455, 4"...

That's the one with the bird's head butt on it, right? Is it a keeper or would you be interested in selling? It would make a nice companion for the Mark VI in .455 I have...

Cheers! M2

Last edited:

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Yep, that is the one. I'm not that attached to it. I don't sell to greasy hippies with 70's hair, but cool flat top haircut guys, no problem at all... I'm actually looking for the MkIV with the odd birds head grip so this was a placeholder anyway :)

Lowers? Ah...I quit even considering a back order list at 800. Still hunting raw forgings; wanted 1k, found 250. May go crazy on billets.

Alex

Top Bottom