• ...and so much more!
  • wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    That is what I was told. Fewer tables, restrictions on the number of people allowed in the door, and masks for everyone who isn't medically exempt, eating or drinking, or socially distancing. I believe goosestepping in honour of Herr Wolff or...gooserolling in honour of His Imperial Majesty, First of His Name, Bend the Knee or Texas Gets Locked Down Because I Said So, RINO Abbott...is always an option.

I hope folks bring lots of old junk to trade for the racks of new guns I have in stock, because I haven't picked up anything interesting outside of a couple of 1909 Colts and a pre-WW2 PPK in the last few months.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    That is what I was told. Fewer tables, restrictions on the number of people allowed in the door, and masks for everyone who isn't medically exempt, eating or drinking, or socially distancing...

That, plus the latest run on guns for those who never thought to be prepared before all this COVID mess, is enough to keep me as far away from the SAXET show as possible!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The show was...interesting. I learned many things that I did not know before, that all boil down to how San Antonio is all about shut up and obey. First, the tables were spaced far enough to drive through, much less walk, which only allowed for 2/3 of the vendors to set up. Even then, there were a lot of empty tables. Saturday saw between 200 and 300 "complaints" about "overcrowding" which resulted in a flying squad of goose stepping morons to show up three separate times..all without masks because such things are for peons... Said group of morons were code enforcement, health, fire marshal, and a couple of extra-woke SAPD to make sure none of the peons got out of line. Said group of maskless morons paced off the distance between rows (tape measures are for smart people, so of course they didn't have any nor knew how to use one), checked the files to see how many patrons had entered and left, and stalked around looking for...the maskless. While not wearing masks themselves, but hey, that is how the rules work now.

Found out that a medical exemption letter will be refused because Bexar County policy is to NOT look at any documentation because that is a "HIPAA violation." Instead, a $2,500 fine (per maskless patron) would be issued to the company running the event, and then the person who had been caught doing...what the inspectors were doing...could use the letter as a defense to persecution and appear in court to bend the knee to Herr Wolff for his approval or disapproval.

From the vendor side, no customers were putting up with being gouged, but full pop retail was just fine. Except for ammo, where double was too much but a healthy overage from retail was grudgingly accepted.

The usual bunch of folks with crap-grade AR, Bubba'ed SKS and the like were prowling around looking for four figure paydays but to no avail. I was hoping for some of those jacked up belt sander Bubba'ed Glock 17 that now (badly) take G19 mags for only $2200, but had to settle for some new in the box G19X for $649 instead for some of my impatient customers who were in such need of them to pay retail plus lunch for me to run the transfers.

My folks and I could only take a day of the mask bullshit, and everything that didn't sell Saturday got packed up before opening Sunday and went to my retail side.

On the plus side, a 1917 issue Red 9 C96, a 1945 HSC, and a early Civil War pepperbox found their way into my truck, so that was kind of nice.

Top Bottom