IMG_4064.JPG
    Military Camp

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If y’all are interested in the Tundra, be sure to audition the optional JBL system. We just put together the dealer training for it so I have a few hours of auditioning/listening to it…it’s badass, with 1200 watts of power and a sub

+18 hp at 5200 rpm is nothing to brag about

Some models are -23 hp

It’s the area below the curve that’s the difference, not the peak numbers…the turbo V6 makes a ton of torque everywhere, starting just off idle

That’s just the nature of the turbos that truck OEMs use these days…they don’t need rpm to make boost. But they also run out of steam at the top of the rev range, so they don’t spin to the moon. That’s why the peak numbers aren’t significantly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Got a link? Have not seen it.

17/22/19 mpg is much better than 12.

It’s pretty much the same for all “boosted vs NA” comparisons…here’s a good example, 3.5 Ecoboost vs. NA competitors. The torque curves are gonna be similarly shaped for any turbo and NA engine.

004e26604aeeeeaac05f3598113fccb3.jpg

In this example, peak torque goes to the NA 6.2…but besides the peak number, the turbo motor makes more power everywhere else.

Modern turbo engines make boost right off idle, they jump to a torque peak early and carry it over a pretty wide rpm range. The effect is basically power everywhere.

Some carmakers give the torque output over a range, e.g. 450 lb-ft from 1200-5500 rpm (I just made these numbers up).

NA engines by comparison need rpm to make power.

If we consider the “engine is an air pump” analogy, it makes sense that cramming more air into an engine early is gonna pay dividends.

I like these dyno charts because they graphically show what the driver feels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Don’t like it, not one bit, looks squashed; I haven’t test drove yet.

Sitting in the drivers seat feels like a slightly elevated car with more blind spots.

I’ll take my ‘16 Tundra Gas Guzzling V8 5.7l with 4:30 rear end all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjrules1909

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 26, 2021
    Austin
    i have been eyeing to buy this but gonna wait for reviews/experience from real people rather than looking at youtube vidoes.

rjrules1909

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 26, 2021
    Austin
    i have been eyeing to buy this but gonna wait for reviews/experience from real people rather than looking at youtube vidoes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My experience with full size diesels would keep me miles away from any small diesel.

The emissions requirements have made reliability go down the drain and maintenance costs are astronomical.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I liked the previous ones better. Also, the V6 turbo is a non starter for me. I’m very surprised that Toyota went this route...
    I have the last year Tacoma that they had the 4.0 V6 in.( 2015) best v6 engine out there and they decided to not put them out anymore. They still make great vehicles, but a full sized truck needs a full sized engine, not a turbo charged mid size engine.

Top Bottom