• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I never got into Comp shooting but watched them all the time. Also big bore black powder. Sharp rifles mostly. I had a pile of T/Cs in the 80-90s and just recently started with a few more.
    My t/c was 357 maximum, 10" bull barrel. I was leary about reloading bottleneck cartridges. Then I made the leap to 7br with the Remington. I glass beaded the XP-100 with the wood stock. The plastic XP I won at a state shoot.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    It's technically a real pistol/ handgun and not an SBR or a so called AR pistol.
    It's for hunting and target.
    Savage, Remington, Weatherby, Desert Eagle, H&S precision have all made them. It does come in a few calibers.
    I've never actually held any of those bolt action pistols, and I guess I never paid attention to the bolt configuration.
    I realize it would work best if actually used as a pistol, but I wouldn't. I'd slap a brace on that puppy.

I've actually been fighting the urge on a CVA break action pistol.

I've seen them in 300 BO, 6.5 Grendel, and 243 win.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I like big "handguns"! Need to make it in 338 Winchester Magnum...
    That's been done. .458 Lott has been done. .458 Win Mag was almost common back in the days that this sort of pistol was popular. At least one .600 Nitro Express is out there, flying out of peoples hands every time they shoot it. :)

Heck, Competitor used to offer their CP-1 pistol in .257 Weatherby with a 10-inch barrel. That was the stupidest combo I ever heard of, useful only if you wanted something for a movie special effect. If the cartridge were loaded with a magnum primer and lots of powder (any powder without a flash suppressant coating would do), then topped with a wad of paper, that pistol could have been used to make the biggest muzzle flash ever seen from a pistol. But darned if I can think of any other use for it.

Name a cartridge. A pistol has been chambered for it.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I've seen a few of these pistols converted into "pocket rifles" with pistol braces and LER scopes. Good for an intermediate-range thumper in .308 and .243, but I don't see 6.5CR being useful. And real handy to keep in small vehicles and non-firearm cases.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Jack W

Jul 1, 2022
    Warren, TX
    100_0203.JPG

This is one I built sometime back in 300 Whisper. With subs and suppressor all you heard was "click"

Top Bottom