• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    I'm just now seeing this. Sad news for sure. I picked up a 92 Lincoln for him and trailered it back to my place. Kept it for a few weeks until he could make arrangements to come up and get it.

R.I.P. Jim.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I had several encounters and exchanges with him. Phone calls, texts, a few deals. I never met him in person. He was eccentric, different, difficult, and an enigma. He stood up for his beliefs. He was a believer. I pray he was received into God's kingdom in spite of his shortcomings.
    It's the most for which any of us can hope.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I will MISS you, sir, and you were SO NICE to me when I FIRST joined up here. You made me feel VERY welcome, and went OUT of YOUR WAY to be kind to me.

(I don’t think I did that quite right, sigh.)
    Yep. I miss shooting with you. Need a range day.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had several encounters and exchanges with him. Phone calls, texts, a few deals. I never met him in person. He was eccentric, different, difficult, and an enigma. He stood up for his beliefs. He was a believer. I pray he was received into God's kingdom in spite of his shortcomings.
    It's the most for which any of us can hope.
    Amen brother.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I am now just seeing this thread. I remember a few months back when people were wondering what had happened to him since he hadn't been seen on the forum for a while. I have to admit, I was not his biggest fan and had gotten into a couple of scrapes with him over the utility of the M1 Carbine (which he maligned). With that said, I can respect the fact that he was true to his beliefs and his own personal experience. RIP SATX. Wherever you are I hope you are at peace and have a Remington 760 by your side.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I am now just seeing this thread. I remember a few months back when people were wondering what had happened to him since he hadn't been seen on the forum for a while. I have to admit, I was not his biggest fan and had gotten into a couple of scrapes with him over the utility of the M1 Carbine (which he maligned). With that said, I can respect the fact that he was true to his beliefs and his own personal experience. RIP SATX. Wherever you are I hope you are at peace and have a Remington 760 by your side.
    Well said

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Bumping this because I just came across a post of his with the Emeritus title and I was afraid this was the case.

He was a character for sure. We antagonized each other a bit but I had no dislike for him at all. He helped make this place what it is.

May he rest easy and I hope he found those cheap stainless S&Ws he was looking for. :)

I tangled with him over the M1 Carbine too. I think we both found it amusing.

Top Bottom