Satin stainless polished bright

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 28, 2020
La Vernia, TX
Somewhat along the lines of re-bluing. I'm curious what the consensus might be from y'all:
For a stainless steel gun having a satin finish; if it were polished up to a bright finish, would this decrease the value because its no longer in its original configuration?

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
somewhere.....East Texas.
Somewhat along the lines of re-bluing. I'm curious what the consensus might be from y'all:
For a stainless steel gun having a satin finish; if it were polished up to a bright finish, would this decrease the value because its no longer in its original configuration?
I think a lot of factors would influence a gun value. Much of all if depends upon the gun in question and what condition it's in to start with. And also IF you planned on selling at some future date, and what a buyer desires in the gun.

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 28, 2020
La Vernia, TX
There was a time many years ago, when nickel plated guns, that looked like chrome were very popular with shooters. Still are with some.
Yes indeed. And I've seen many that are stunning beautiful guns, maybe an even prettier finish than bright polished stainless. And they can command a considerably higher value than blued.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads