• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I reluctantly ate a can of sardines for lunch last week. They were there ones packed in Louisiana hot sauce. Surprisingly good!
    AND our outdoor cat came bolting out of the woods when I opened the can. I ate the sardines and then the darn cat lapped up all the leftover juice, hot sauce an all. Then, the dog spent the next ten minutes working to get anything left. I thought he was gonna wear his tongue out!
    The next day, I ate the only other can I had - packed in mustard sauce. It was a repeat with the cat and dog!
    I think I'm gonna buy a few more cans when I go into town. The ones I had were Beach Cliff.
    Any sardine connosiers out there?
    Military Camp

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This is the brand we get at Costco

6c014243990d378607ffc04ceec22356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 6c014243990d378607ffc04ceec22356.jpg
      6c014243990d378607ffc04ceec22356.jpg
      34.7 KB · Views: 472

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I love sardines. I'll eat 2 cans for lunch 2 or 3 times per week with a few saltines and sprinkled with hot sauce. I could eat more, but I stop at that. I figure it's something I enjoy that's also good for my heart. I like King Oscar, Beach Cliff, and others that have the skin and bones.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    King Oscar are the ones I grew up eating & only ones I buy. As with everything I read the label because I don't want chinese sardines. I like sardines on fresh white bread with Skippy peanut butter & white onion! It grosses out most everyone who has watched me eat that.

I like King Oscar Kipper Snacks even better then sardines. Both Kippers & sardines are always in our pantry. Hell I like Anchovies too, but generally only keep the paste on hand.

If you ever get a chance to eat fresh sardines grilled by all means try them.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I don’t think I’ve ever had kippers. But now I’m going to have to get some.

As for the peanut butter, I may try that, too. On the occasions I do eat peanut butter, I like to have something salty as a chaser, like chips. Sardines might fit the bill.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Growing up my dad would chop up raw onion, tomatoe and jalapeño and eat with sardines and saltine crackers. I still have some like that occasionally.

Top Bottom