• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I aint saying I like canned chicken! Never ate Underwood deviled canned meats either.
    I am no fan of canned chicken.
    Vienna sausage, sardines, kipper snacks, tuna or canned beef I will eat. Deviled meat I won't even feed to my dog. I hate the stuff. We were poor and Mom bought a lot of it because at the time it was a cheap way to feed 4 kids.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    King Oscar and Prince Edward are two excellent brands of sardines. I prefer skin on, two layer smaller sized sardines in olive oil (or in sild sardine oil if I can find them but have not seen those in over a decade) with no sauce on them. I do like my sardines slathered in A. Bauer's Horseraddish mustard with additional dollops of Gold's prepared horseradish thrown into the mix, with a few slices of sharp raw onion, on a good light (as in color not calories) Lithuanian Bread or a corn rye (no corn in the rye but that is what it's called) from this bakery. Wash it down with a nice hefe weiss bier or a pilsner. Damn I do miss the food I could get in NY - especially the breads and other baked goods and then there are the wursts and other ethnic delicacies of all sorts (maybe I can find some in or around Dallas on my next trip there but have not found anything like them near Texarkana). Of course, maybe someone in NY will take pity on me (if I send them the money) and go to Morscher's Pork Store, fill a small shopping cart, and send it to me via priority mail with a few cold packs in with the goodies.

Too bad the politics suck so badly there, the food is great.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    King Oscar and Prince Edward are two excellent brands of sardines. I prefer skin on, two layer smaller sized sardines in olive oil (or in sild sardine oil if I can find them but have not seen those in over a decade) with no sauce on them. I do like my sardines slathered in A. Bauer's Horseraddish mustard with additional dollops of Gold's prepared horseradish thrown into the mix, with a few slices of sharp raw onion, on a good light (as in color not calories) Lithuanian Bread or a corn rye (no corn in the rye but that is what it's called) from this bakery. Wash it down with a nice hefe weiss bier or a pilsner. Damn I do miss the food I could get in NY - especially the breads and other baked goods and then there are the wursts and other ethnic delicacies of all sorts (maybe I can find some in or around Dallas on my next trip there but have not found anything like them near Texarkana). Of course, maybe someone in NY will take pity on me (if I send them the money) and go to Morscher's Pork Store, fill a small shopping cart, and send it to me via priority mail with a few cold packs in with the goodies.

Too bad the politics suck so badly there, the food is great.
    Bagels freeze just fine. Most sausage companies have no problem shipping you product either. Then again somethings just aint as good as I remember them. We use to eat Ray's Chili. Nice 1/4 inch orange grease on the top of the can. I can buy it online but I sure don't remember it being as good as they want to charge fore it.

I really miss a Chicago Italian Beef & sausage combo. I found a place the sells them in Houston & it sucked! Sometimes what you really miss is who & when not actually the food!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Before all of the fancy ass "best by" chit we always checked the canned food by checking the top. If it was still concave it was good, if it popped up something was rotten. Same for home canned food. I don't care how long those canned beans have been in the root cellar if the lid hasn't popped it's good. My aunt wrote the date on top of each can when she stocked the pantry. She shopped on Sat for the week as they lived on a ranch and didn't go to town everyday. Need milk, cows in the barn, made her own butter, etc.

Riksors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2019
    Georgetown
    $200 sardines

3853E9AA-F7F3-4C5A-97A0-BB7ABCBE40C5.jpeg

Made in China. :laughing:

Attachments

• 3853E9AA-F7F3-4C5A-97A0-BB7ABCBE40C5.jpeg
      3853E9AA-F7F3-4C5A-97A0-BB7ABCBE40C5.jpeg
      44.6 KB · Views: 482