• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    New this year are metal detectors at all entrances. Did not see any 06/07 signs present at the entrance by the carnival and livestock barns although the website says conceal and open carry are prohibited. Be prepared to have your rights violated should you try and legally carry on the grounds.
    Texas SOT

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    That's why I have a few non metallic knives/daggers etc. Its better than nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    New this year are metal detectors at all entrances. Did not see any 06/07 signs present at the entrance by the carnival and livestock barns although the website says conceal and open carry are prohibited. Be prepared to have your rights violated should you try and legally carry on the grounds.

It was posted, both at entrance to parking lot and by ticket booth on the barn side. Yes, the metal detector was a bit of a surprise. I generally ignore it at the stock show, but for some reason this year I decided to leave it in the car. I'm still wondering under what condition are they able to do this. I always assumed they would try to call the stock show a school event. Or perhaps no one has ever challenged them.

Either way, I'm honestly done with going anymore unless my daughter ever advances to any horse related activities that go on there. The Houston side parking was $20 and the livestock side was $15. If it wasn't $2 Tuesday I would have definitely said F'it!! But with the parking and now metal detectors, I'm done with the stock show as a visitor.

That's why I have a few non metallic knives/daggers etc. Its better than nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I emptied my pockets and had no problem with a 3.75" folder in on me. Not that they were checking, but I did see a sign on the Houston St. side under the 30.06/07 sign stating, knives over 3.5" prohibited, which is complete BS, but again probably unchallenged as well.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    It was posted, both at entrance to parking lot and by ticket booth on the barn side. Yes, the metal detector was a bit of a surprise. I generally ignore it at the stock show, but for some reason this year I decided to leave it in the car. I'm still wondering under what condition are they able to do this. I always assumed they would try to call the stock show a school event. Or perhaps no one has ever challenged them.

Either way, I'm honestly done with going anymore unless my daughter ever advances to any horse related activities that go on there. The Houston side parking was $20 and the livestock side was $15. If it wasn't $2 Tuesday I would have definitely said F'it!! But with the parking and now metal detectors, I'm done with the stock show as a visitor.

I emptied my pockets and had no problem with a 3.75" folder in on me. Not that they were checking, but I did see a sign on the Houston St. side under the 30.06/07 sign stating, knives over 3.5" prohibited, which is complete BS, but again probably unchallenged as well.

I parked in lot 6/7 and never saw any signs. Doesn’t mean I didn’t miss any. The tent with detectors I never saw any either. Wasn’t looking hard just miffed about the whole ordeal.

And immediately upon entering the barn and waiting by the restroom for my wife I saw in one of the pens a bud light sitting on a tack box hanging inside the pen and a parent drinking a bud light while their daughter was drenching a lamb. Yup seems like a school sponsored event to me.

Top Bottom