• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Both options are BYO.
    Option 1: BYO @ Raymond Russel Park, which is Bexar County and not City of San Antonio. This is important due to the differences between the current emergency orders between Herr Great Wolff and his excellency, El Jefe Nuremberg.

Option 2: BYO at my house. No kids, I work from home. My wife works on Kelly Field. Limitation is that if I have to bail at the last minute due to work requirements, this option would have to go away.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Both options are BYO.
    Option 1: BYO @ Raymond Russel Park, which is Bexar County and not City of San Antonio. This is important due to the differences between the current emergency orders between Herr Great Wolff and his excellency, El Jefe Nuremberg.

Option 2: BYO at my house. No kids, I work from home. My wife works on Kelly Field. Limitation is that if I have to bail at the last minute due to work requirements, this option would have to go away.
    I vote for the one that is closest to me, cuz I am a cheep bastard. Actually both sound fine we just need to collectively decide.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I vote for the one that is closest to me, cuz I am a cheep bastard. Actually both sound fine we just need to collectively decide.
    I think that I'd vote the same way. So, for me, I am pretty sure that means Option 2. But I haven't been to RR park since Boy Scouts (translation: consult the Mayan calendar). So, either is good.
    Thanks for genning up the ideas, @toddnjoyce !

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The shelter-in-place order that goes into effect tomorrow at midnight might possibly put the kibosh on any plans we have...

https://twitter.com/BexarCounty/status/1242244488225001473/photo/1

Now that Herr Great Wolff has played his hand,

Whereas, we are all family here since there’s a family reunion that we routinely hold and

Whereas, I have necessary supplies to maintain a household that some of my family may be in need of and

Whereas, I will be making time in my busy schedule working from home in an exempted industry on Friday from 1130 hours until 1300 hours,

Family members may obtain these supplies from me during said timeframe, so long as they are in good health and spirits at such time.

Family members may contact me directly for additional Command and Signal information.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, Herr Wolff threatens to arrest anyone that doesn't comply with his edict, but Sheriff Salazar has released over 200 prisoners so far and expects to let more lose!

So if any were to be arrested, all they'd have to do is claim they fear the coronavirus and bam, away you go! ;););)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Nothing personal.....but this virus is something that (IMO) we need to be very wary of, so I'm gonna pass this month, dammit. I spent 40+ years working with a wide variety of customers - including many of the early AIDS research facilities, and the transmission abilities of this virus is pretty damned scary.
    I am in a lot of customers homes working on/installing water softeners, and I don't want to put them at any additional risk. As it is, I ask that they stay in their homes during install, and I sanitize the equipment with alcohol, glove up and then keep distance during the final inspection by the homeowner.
    Y'all stay safe!!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wife’s job has moved to a split shift from 4a to 8a and then 5p - 9p. I’m not going to be able to host today since she’ll be in the middle of nap time.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Wife’s job has moved to a split shift from 4a to 8a and then 5p - 9p. I’m not going to be able to host today since she’ll be in the middle of nap time.
    And just like that, I couldn't make it all of the sudden anyway. Have to help with a move....err...buy some groceries.
    Hope you fellas still pull something off.
    And I WILL make it one of these times.
    I will.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sorry to hear that, your wifes schedule looks sucky to me. Thanks for offering to host.

She bid for it because it lets her focus on contract awards and not deal with tire kickers during the day. Also let’s her justify telework as a long term option, which has been one of her goals.

I hate it because I’m awake way to early now.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    She bid for it because it lets her focus on contract awards and not deal with tire kickers during the day. Also let’s her justify telework as a long term option, which has been one of her goals.

I hate it because I’m awake way to early now.
    Sounds like you are going to have to run a split shift too. The dangers of working from home. I did it for 40 years. The worst was when the kids were little and wanted to play with daddy. this was prior to computers.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sounds like you are going to have to run a split shift too. The dangers of working from home. I did it for 40 years. The worst was when the kids were little and wanted to play with daddy. this was prior to computers.

Unable. Will most likely get up early with her and shift my workouts to the morning, then go to bed earlier.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shoulda looked at this thread earlier.

After a close encounter with a coworker who tested COVID positive I got tested.

Thursday PM found I was negative so I'm pretty safe to be around.
    I coulda driven down,

Sort of disappointed that I was negative.
    His body is cranking out protective IgM right now. Mine is not.

Top Bottom