• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I find it strange that someone can actively defend something while refusing to defend it on the merits of what it actually is.

Just out of curiosity, would you be ok with some colorful, cool looking swastikas painted on the street to contrast with the dreary buildings? Or would you go ahead and see those for what they are? After all, Swastikas were ok with everyone until a certain political party rose to power in Germany.
    Texas SOT

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    rainbow-8-450x253.jpg
    Makes me want to drive a go-kart on it...

I've been saying it for awhile... Austin is full of hippies and fruitcakes, but San Antonio and Houston are more libtarded.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I find it strange that someone can actively defend something while refusing to defend it on the merits of what it actually is.

Just out of curiosity, would you be ok with some colorful, cool looking swastikas painted on the street to contrast with the dreary buildings? Or would you go ahead and see those for what they are? After all, Swastikas were ok with everyone until a certain political party rose to power in Germany.
    1. If you don't like the colors because its a gay symbol I respect that, even though it doesn't bother me. I just like the colors. As noted SA residents have other problems to deal with.

2. However, equating that symbol with the Swastika...come on dude...
    (interestingly, Hitler did actually get that symbol from the Hindu one. He saw it and effectively just thought it was a cool symbol so stole it).

Makes me want to drive a go-kart on it...
    Now you're thinking!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    1. I have a problem with it because it's not just colors that happen to represent something. I have a problem with it because it IS by design intended to represent an agenda and is using a tax payer funded roadway as a platform for that agenda.

2. You say the symbolism is irrelevant because you like the pretty colors, yet you think it's different when different symbolism is used...so you aren't arguing honestly.

I agree, the residents of SA (and everywhere else in the US) have bigger problems so this painting up the roads crap should never even be considered. Let the roads be roads and painted for the sake of public safety only and leave the agendas to the bill boards.

Your arguments fail because you aren't arguing from an honest foundation. When you have to hide your true views and pretend something is not what it is (and was proclaimed to be by those who created it) you are destined to lose any logical debate.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    1. I have a problem with it because it's not just colors that happen to represent something. I have a problem with it because it IS by design intended to represent an agenda and is using a tax payer funded roadway as a platform for that agenda.

2. You say the symbolism is irrelevant because you like the pretty colors, yet you think it's different when different symbolism is used...so you aren't arguing honestly.

I agree, the residents of SA (and everywhere else in the US) have bigger problems so this painting up the roads crap should never even be considered. Let the roads be roads and painted for the sake of public safety only and leave the agendas to the bill boards.

Your arguments fail because you aren't arguing from an honest foundation. When you have to hide your true views and pretend something is not what it is (and was proclaimed to be by those who created it) you are destined to lose any logical debate.
    I am indeed arguing from an honest foundation, and frankly I resent your accusation. I've already said:
    1. If you think its an issue, I respect that.
    2. I don't have an issue with it if not taxpayer financed.
    3. I like it because its pretty. I also liked your red, white and blue version.

My argument doesn't fail because I am not making an argument, just a statement that its pretty.

Never mind, I'' go back to the threads that talk about firearms.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They are doing it to push an agenda, pretty or not.

That is my problem with it, besides being a distraction.

Honestly it makes me sick that they are allowed to do it.

Hell in a handbasket.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I really can care less about anyone's race, religion or sexual preference, I tend to place merit above all else. The problem with recognizing others on any of those is that it excludes everyone else, and there in lies the roots of resentment.
    If Houston, San Antonio or anywhere else recognized every walk of life in it's crosswalks, it wouldn't be that big a deal.
    I think the city or cities that do that are creating resentment.

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    I didn't read the whole article, but it seems to me we now have a clear path (ahem!) to demand crosswalks with pictures of cow patties (or real ones) and any other redneck symbol appropriate! :banana:
    Or cross walks with ol stars and bars, can't discriminate right? Cause lefties never discriminate...
    d1b74be2ede48f71fc8e56c3f209563f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    They are doing it to push an agenda, pretty or not.

That is my problem with it, besides being a distraction.

Honestly it makes me sick that they are allowed to do it.

Hell in a handbasket.

Yep it is all good and dandy till the crap is shoved down your throat. It takes away the tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Maybe we need to forward the news story to the Westboro morons. Let them fight the battle, and take all the heat from it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

I doubt if many people will be distracted by colors/cartoons in crosswalks, as they are too busy blathering (about NOTHING important) on their phones & texting each other to notice.

yours, satx

Top Bottom