• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I figured I'd post here instead of the politics thread since it's a local issue. What is going on with our new mayor and city council? These guys are taking us hard left as fast as they can. The first thing they do is to pass a resolution supporting the Paris climate change agreement? Are you kidding me? That is the top priority? I recently moved out into the county. I can't wait for the County Commissioners to follow suit. Maybe they can tax cow farts.

Now there's discussion of permanently painting some crosswalks a rainbow color to show LGBTXZY support. Wut is wrong with us?

Oh, and Julian Castro has worked his way back into SA power through his buddy Ron Nimrod.

http://tpr.org/post/city-councilman-proposes-pride-themed-rainbow-crosswalks-north-main-ave#stream/0
    Military Camp

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I didn't read the whole article, but it seems to me we now have a clear path (ahem!) to demand crosswalks with pictures of cow patties (or real ones) and any other redneck symbol appropriate! :banana:

I want a MOLON LABE or AR-15 crosswalk!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    a26d1722c3604bdeecf65c9844ebf197.gif

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    How ridiculous. It already has tire tracks. It won't take long for somebody to do a burn out all the way across.

That's why we don't paint political stuff in the road.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I thought this was about SA.
    I just now clicked the link, it says those Rainbow crosswalks are in Houston??

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I figured I'd post here instead of the politics thread since it's a local issue. What is going on with our new mayor and city council? These guys are taking us hard left as fast as they can. The first thing they do is to pass a resolution supporting the Paris climate change agreement? Are you kidding me? That is the top priority? I recently moved out into the county. I can't wait for the County Commissioners to follow suit. Maybe they can tax cow farts.

Now there's discussion of permanently painting some crosswalks a rainbow color to show LGBTXZY support. Wut is wrong with us?

Oh, and Julian Castro has worked his way back into SA power through his buddy Ron Nimrod.

http://tpr.org/post/city-councilman-proposes-pride-themed-rainbow-crosswalks-north-main-ave#stream/0
    Whats wrong with the rainbow crosswalks? SA is just jealous of Houston, which has an intersection like that. Its actually really cool, like if the neighborhood was suddenly part of Sesame Street.

More importantly, do you have still have a larger population than the aquifer can support (ie you're running out of water) ? If so, thats what I would be worried about if I were you.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Whats wrong with the rainbow crosswalks?

They use taxpayer money and resources when there are more important things to worry about. I'd like the city council and mayor to pay attention to more pressing issues than feely good drawings on the street and holding hands with Parisian climate crazies.

Until we resolve some of our more pressing issues I really don't want to spending money on this kind of crap.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    They use taxpayer money and resources when there are more important things to worry about. I'd like the city council and mayor to pay attention to more pressing issues than feely good drawings on the street and holding hands with Parisian climate crazies.

Until we resolve some of our more pressing issues I really don't want to spending money on this kind of crap.
    Houston's was private. I agree if SA has to pay more for it, but if it too was private, would you care?

Top Bottom