• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Hit the Jackpot at Academy today: They had bulk packs of Winchester 333, CCI Swamp People 300 count, and 100 count Mini-Mags today.

I settled for the 300 count CCI "Swamp People" offering.
    Texas SOT

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The CCI at Academy was about 23 Dollars plus tax.

Today, on a whim, I drove over to a near by WalMart because I woke up early and could not get back to sleep.

Got there at 7:08 a.m. There was a nicely dressed fellow already there. He says to me "this store got a shipment of Federal Automatch."

I ask him how he knew this. He pulls out his "smart phone" and shows me the ammo was delivered to that store last night.

After a while, no clerk or anyone shows up. The other fellow eventually finds a manager, and after 40 minutes, we get our three boxes of ammo.

Just to add insult to injury, the last guy to show up at 8:00 a.m. is allowed to buy the remaining four boxes of ammo.

Shit happens.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Availability is still spotty depending on the time of day and store you visit.

Prices at retail are all over the place: CCI $.09/rd; Win/Rem/Fed $.06/rd; Aquila (which has dried up) $.10/rd.

Managed to pick up some CCI/Rem/Win today. Average price per round (including tax) was $.065.

I predict the "new normal" will stabilize at $.08 per round for bulk.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    For the month of October 2014, the supply of .22 LR has dried up. Methinks the retailers are holding it back for a "special" sale later in the year.

The flow of .22 was steady from May - September.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just when I thought the "supply" for October dried up, it appears Academy got some plastic ammo boxes packed with 16 100-round count CCI's for $129 today. Missed out on this, but did get one box of CCI 300-count "AR Tactical."

The pendulum continues to swing ...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The last place I expected to find ammo was at the Perrin-Beitel Academy this morning.

They had a stack of Winchester M-22, 1000 count boxes for $49.99 plus tax.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    This thread is quiet lately, which I'm hoping is the good sign I've been looking for. In similar fashion, the wife and I went to BPS at 3:30pm today (Thursday) and found plenty of 300 ct boxes of CCI AR Tactical 22LR 40r RN at 7.5 cents per round.

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    What's the word on XM855 locally? Anyone know of a honey hole? I ordered 900 rounds on Saturday from Ammunition Supply Company then got an email last night saying the order is cancelled cause they are sold out. On Saturday they had a message on their site in red letters saying, "Yes, we have it in stock". Oh well.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    What's the word on XM855 locally? Anyone know of a honey hole? I ordered 900 rounds on Saturday from Ammunition Supply Company then got an email last night saying the order is cancelled cause they are sold out. On Saturday they had a message on their site in red letters saying, "Yes, we have it in stock". Oh well.
    San Marcos academy has a shitload of it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    The demand for 5.56/.223 ammo has gone plumb damned bat shit crazy.

It has gone from M855 to M193 to commercial 55 gr FMJ and beyond.

On the other hand, the fear of Government has put more guns and ammunition in the hands of the People who always trusted their government, but no longer have faith in those they elected, no matter which political party.

The Executive Branch now faces a very difficult decision: Continue to insult the Constitution, or be opposed by a mass of extraordinarily well-armed Citizens who have had enough of being abused and lied to.

When the Government no longer represents the People, the People will rise. It is only a matter of time and is demanded by our Declaration of Independence!

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

I am no "Constitutional" lawyer, but our Republic is in great danger of collapse, not from without, but from within.

Top Bottom