• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    After looking at their website I didn’t see any “white apology” talk but it is filled with social justice, equity, and lgbtshit.
    Gotta love those “Christians” who support sodomites. Maybe we can throw more money at violetn inner city urbanite trash and they will finally stop killing us and each other in record numbers every year

I am getting really tired of this milktoast estrogen drenched Christianity we have these days

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Might be a bullshit accusation.
    That was my first thought. It didn't really pass the smell test.
    Snopes was no help (as is often the case).
    When we used to have "journalism", someone would go to the SA an ASK them about it.
    But now we have #OldNews.

ETA: this is their statement on racism from their own website. I would say that a request for an "apology" is incompatible with the belief stated here:

"Racism is the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others. ‘Racism’ also refers to political or social programmes built on that belief. The use of the term ‘race’ itself is contested, but is generally used to refer to a distinct group sharing a common ethnicity, national origin, descent and/or skin colour. The Salvation Army denounces racism in all forms.

Racism is fundamentally incompatible with the Christian conviction that all people are made in the image of God and are equal in value. The Salvation Army believes that the world is enriched by a diversity of cultures and ethnicities.

The Salvation Army firmly believes that racism is contrary to God’s intention for humankind, and yet we recognise that the tendency for racism is present in all people and all societies. Racial discrimination can take many expressions, including tribalism, casteism and ethnocentrism. Racism is not only the result of individual attitudes, but can also be perpetuated by social structures and systems. Sometimes racism is overt and intentional, but often it is not.

While many Salvationists have acted firmly and courageously against racism, The Salvation Army acknowledges with regret, that Salvationists have sometimes shared in the sins of racism and conformed to economic, organisational and social pressures that perpetuate racism. The Salvation Army is committed to fight against racism wherever it is experienced and will speak into societies around the world wherever we encounter it.

As we pray for God’s will to be done on earth as in Heaven, The Salvation Army will work towards a world where all people are accepted, loved and valued."

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I’ll do some research and decide then. I’ve given to these folks freely and often over the years. Might be a bullshit accusation.

Ugh- just read their position paper on Racism. The Salvation Army published document. Assuming it’s real- and it looks like it- I’m very sad.
    Please update if you learn more

Reactions: JCC

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    That was my first thought. It didn't really pass the smell test.
    Snopes was no help (as is often the case).
    When we used to have "journalism", someone would go to the SA an ASK them about it.
    But now we have #OldNews.

ETA: this is their statement on racism from their own website. I would say that a request for an "apology" is incompatible with the belief stated here:

"Racism is the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others. ‘Racism’ also refers to political or social programmes built on that belief. The use of the term ‘race’ itself is contested, but is generally used to refer to a distinct group sharing a common ethnicity, national origin, descent and/or skin colour. The Salvation Army denounces racism in all forms.

Racism is fundamentally incompatible with the Christian conviction that all people are made in the image of God and are equal in value. The Salvation Army believes that the world is enriched by a diversity of cultures and ethnicities.

The Salvation Army firmly believes that racism is contrary to God’s intention for humankind, and yet we recognise that the tendency for racism is present in all people and all societies. Racial discrimination can take many expressions, including tribalism, casteism and ethnocentrism. Racism is not only the result of individual attitudes, but can also be perpetuated by social structures and systems. Sometimes racism is overt and intentional, but often it is not.

While many Salvationists have acted firmly and courageously against racism, The Salvation Army acknowledges with regret, that Salvationists have sometimes shared in the sins of racism and conformed to economic, organisational and social pressures that perpetuate racism. The Salvation Army is committed to fight against racism wherever it is experienced and will speak into societies around the world wherever we encounter it.

As we pray for God’s will to be done on earth as in Heaven, The Salvation Army will work towards a world where all people are accepted, loved and valued."
    Reading this is disturbing. But my thoughts are probably best left unsaid.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Gotta love those “Christians” who support sodomites. Maybe we can throw more money at violetn inner city urbanite trash and they will finally stop killing us and each other in record numbers every year

I am getting really tired of this milktoast estrogen drenched Christianity we have these days
    Aaaaaaaaaa-men!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Of all the charities, Salvation Army is the best or nearly the best about putting donations to work for the needy. Far too many charity donations go towards paying salaries and expensive houses and lifestyles. However, reading this "woke" crap means that I cannot donate to them this year.
    I used to do small annual cash donations to United Way many years ago before they were outed for their stupid high payroll. It was reported that a small % of each donation actually went for charity work. I stopped the donations after that. Looks like I’ll be scratching SA off the list too. Such a shame.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    this may have to do with the attention they got a while back when they were being accused of discriminating against LGBT-alphabet community

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    There are plenty of local charities to support. I liked Salvation Army back in the day. When I worked overseas they seemed to be the only ones working while the rest sit in their HQ drinking coffee.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The reason I don't give to 'charities' is because the main charity is the salaries of the people in charge.
    Get woke go broke.

Yup.
    I would add that if you see a charity advertising on TV…well, that’s where a few million $$$ in donations went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Charity Navigator is an excellent source for getting ratings and information as well as how much of the money goes to the actual charity, and how much for salaries and expenses. I have been using it for many years.

Top Bottom