• ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey folks.

I'm looking at purchasing two different shotguns, currently. A Mossberg 590A1 pump action and Saiga-12 semi-automatic. I've seen some videos on YouTube with full auto Saiga-12s and I'm curious what this mod entails...

I assume that a person needs to obtain a Class III permit to legally have a gunsmith perform that mod on their Saiga-12. Assuming that someone has the Class III permit to have it done, what does the mod cost in terms of parts?

This is all helping me to determine which shotgun I'll want to purchase first.
    Guns International

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    According to what dim knowledge of class 3 I have you cant get one unless you are a class 3 dealer with a LE Letter or are a Class 3 manufacturer.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    The only way to legally convert a firearm to full auto is to have a Class II SOT, which is a manufacturer's license.

Non-licensee's can only own full auto guns that were registered with the ATF before May 1986. No new conversions can be done for that market.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    There is a shop in Buda that is building these Saigas... they are SICK!!!!! You should come up and check out the one that will have the 8" barrel!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The "machine gun" must be registered before May of 1986 to be transferrable. Generally the "machine gun" is the serial numbered receiver. There are some registered parts that are also considered machine guns. The most common is the registered auto sears for the AR-15 rifles. I have never heard of such a registered part for the AK that might be used in a semi-auto Saiga receiver.

Basically the full-auto/select fire Saiga-12's are LE only or Dealer samples for LE demo.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Couldn't you buy a full auto AK and convert it to 12ga with Siaga parts? The receiver is the "machine gun" so if the receivers are the same I don't see why you couldn't... It's not something I'd ever do, but if you've got the money to blow what not?

Here's a M16 with a belt fed 12ga upper, lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    If you have a couple thousand dollars lying around: Go find a Class III dealer, get your toy, do the paperwork, pay the ATF and play the waiting game.

Go for it!!!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The point is it does not matter how much money you have, there are no full auto transferrable Saiga 12's, period. Even if you got your class III dealers license you would have to have some paperwork from an LE agency that you are going to demo the gun for them. If you give up your dealer's license in the future, any post ban dealer samples have to be transferred to another dealer or LE agency. You cannot keep them like pre-ban transferrable guns.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom