Safeties, which 380 or 9M has a mag safety?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Alright I was holding off from posting anything. Good job being bad influences. Was going to let op be.

Pfflyer, what’s the fascination with a mag safety? It’s one of the most illogical features ever and what’s more illogical is saying you want it to stop an accident.

But if you’re truly new to guns I encourage you to search for a good trainer. Develop yourself into a capable gun owner.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Or better yet, remove all warning labels and let Darwin do his magic!
    Ultimately yes. I mean if someone is new they need help being trained and correctly.

This isn’t a large piece of equipment that needs an e-stop. It’s a gun. It’s for putting the pew in bad guys. I strongly dislike features that add to interfering with how fast a weapon is deployed.

Axxe55

Ultimate Keyboard Warrior!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas
    Ultimately yes. I mean if someone is new they need help being trained and correctly.

This isn’t a large piece of equipment that needs an e-stop. It’s a gun. It’s for putting the pew in bad guys. I strongly dislike features that add to interfering with how fast a weapon is deployed.
    This sentence of your's is gold:

But if you’re truly new to guns I encourage you to search for a good trainer. Develop yourself into a capable gun owner.

Says all that needs to be said.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I am a beginner and don't want any accidents.
    1. Welcome to TGT! Lots of information here.
    2. You did ask a valid question but did not really get good answers, mostly snark. Get used to it. It's the Internet. Don't let it discourage you.
    3. As a beginner to any aspect of life, seek training. Especially with deadly tools such as these. Training makes you safe. Not a bunch of safeties on the gun.
    4. To explain the pushback here, magazine disconnect is not a popular feature because it goes against common standards in this aspect of life. And anything that is non-standard can cause a lot of trouble in a high-stress situation. Look at Harley's non-standard turn signal and horn button placement. After riding motorcycles for 40 years, I had to learn how to operate those non-standard buttons without thinking. SMF

Again, welcome to TGT. Hope we haven't scared you off yet.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Alright I was holding off from posting anything. Good job being bad influences. Was going to let op be.

Pfflyer, what’s the fascination with a mag safety? It’s one of the most illogical features ever and what’s more illogical is saying you want it to stop an accident.

OP asked a question. I gave him an answer to his question. A lot of other people gave him unsolicited commentary. Sounds like a normal day at TGT.

I like manual safeties, especially safeties that turn the gun "OFF" for administrative handling. I prefer guns like the Beretta 92 and Ruger P90 for those reasons. I dislike Glock-style pistols for their lack of manual safeties. Other people disagree. That's okay.

If OP wants a magazine safety, that's his choice. No need for all the guff.

Top Bottom