• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I don't know why these bugs bite my brain but I have an urge to buy a Chiappa SAA 1873 17-10 chambered in 17 HMR. Not many revolvers out there chambered in 17-10; I have an NAA teeny-tiny 5 round in 22 mag which is a bug but want to use the SAA for target shooting; actually no real reason, just curious.

Has anyone ever fired a 17 HMR revolver? Has 7 1/2" barrel so shouldn't be too bad and holds 10 rounds. I have a CZ rifle chambered in 17 HMR and it is a tack driver at 100 yds and love to shoot the rifle but the pistol, well not really sure. Opinions please?
    Guns International

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have a Taurus .17 HMR 12 inch revolver. Fun caliber and is quite accurate even out of the shorter barrel. You will lose performance obviously compared to a rifle, but that little .17 still gets moving pretty good after about 7 inches of barrel. The only reason I bought it was because I already have a rifle in that caliber and because it was a great deal. Sorry I don't have any input on the Chiappa.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    FYI, got the Chiappa 1883 SAA (17 HMR / 6 rounds) and went out to Bandera Gun Club to pick it up (my club/FFL). Gun shoots OK. Decently accurate but does feel, well, a bit cheap. Went bang every time but the cylinder wasn't tight and the grips are plastic and very cheap. Trigger is pretty good and it is 2" groups from 25' At 75' wasn't very good at all. I have a Sauer & Sons Colt SAA clone and it is much better but shooting 45 long is a lot more expensive too. At 75' the Sauer can do 6" groups. Glad I bought the Chiappa but will need to do some modification to get it as I want.

Top Bottom