• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Ok guys been too long since the last one and nobody is stepping up so I'll get the ball rolling, we've got some new faces and some of us are avoiding the gun show meetups due to the craziness. Let's get to planning for a range day, what do you guys wanna do? I figured we'll plan for March as it'll give everyone a decent amount of time to prepare and a little bit to work out the details (though I will not be able to do the weekend of the 16th-19th as we'll be in Corpus). Did the last one out at Bexar Community Range and was talking with ChunkyMonkey about possibly doing it out at A Place To Shoot but we need feedback, what range do yall wanna go to, what day do you wanna meet up, cook out or breakfast/lunch meetup? I will update the OP as more details are added but let's make this happen!

UPDATE!

Looks like we've got the date set for Saturday March 30th, we'll be meeting up at Bexar Community in Marion right at opening at 9am, feel free to show up later if need be as this is a come and go as you please kind of thing.

Be sure to check in at the office and let them know if you wanna shoot rifle, pistol, shotgun, or combination of all as they'll charge you accordingly, you could always go back and get a target for the appropriate range later so don't worry too much about it though it should be noted that for rifle you need to specify to them 25, 50, 100, or 200 yards for the appropriate target and they will ask you if you're on paper at that distance for 100+.

We'll also be meeting up at Lucille's for breakfast at 7:30 for those that are interested, it is located within the gas station that is right at the corner of Trainer Hale rd, walk to the very back.

Hours and directions to the range

qezy2ema.jpg

quqy4a8y.jpg

Members Attending:

-TXDARKHORSE361

-RstyShcklfrd (?)

-shortround

-TexasRedneck

-Angeleyes (?)

-PoisonPancakes (?)

-jcrntx

-pvtsnowball82

-stx kid (?)

-M. Sage

-Dcav

-fgarcia3441

-kyletxria1911a1

-LS1Nut (?)

-Southpaw

-Orbie

-Skip

-Sugar Land (and crew?)

-Treyg73

-fuelfather (+3)

-UncleSamsMisguidedChild

-FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

-deftonesdea

-Big Phil

-Red 78 (?)

(more tbd)
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Im on the other side of town near blackhawk and the bullethole. Im down to go but depending on which weekend I might have to bring my 6 year old if thats fine. Also I have NO AMMO and I seriously cant get any. Ive been to academy and walmart numerous times and come up empty. This may be a problem for others as well.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Im on the other side of town near blackhawk and the bullethole. Im down to go but depending on which weekend I might have to bring my 6 year old if thats fine. Also I have NO AMMO and I seriously cant get any. Ive been to academy and walmart numerous times and come up empty. This may be a problem for others as well.

Families and kids are more than welcome, we had a couple at the last one. I can understand the ammo situation, maybe some members here can help you, what calibers are you looking for? Feel free to PM me

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have family in for most of the month, that could be good for me or not, not sure. So I'll just see what you guys decide on when and where and try to fit myself in.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I'm all in for any Saturday in March, come rain or shine.

Bexar Community seems like the path of least resistance.

For those short of ammo, I would suggest a simple "ammo exchange" at a fixed value for barter or trade:

For instance, if someone has one .223 Rem round for trade at 60 cents, that should be good for 12 .22 LR rounds.

Same for other ammo ... .one .308 round at 90 cents, then that should be good for three 9mm rounds.

For those with no money/no ammo, we could pitch whatever ammo we don't want into a box, and let the unfortunates take turns picking through the box with a three round limit.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    SA Group Range Day March (?) 2013

Honestly I'm all for any range that doesn't charge per gun as it'll be a group that would get pricey. My favorite range in the area is Cedar Ridge based on the separate bays but I like Bexar community as well. This go around I would definitely be contacting the range to inform of a group coming so maybe we can be a little more organized. I know it will be hard to accomplish given the setup of the range but I liked when we had a range day at Dietz in New Braunfels because of the closeness and at Bexar Community it was two separate groups. All ears for suggestions and as of right now my vote is for either Saturday the 23rd or the 30th as it will give everyone more time if you have to request the day off like I do.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Sounds good to me, I usually go to 'A' range just about every Saturday anyway. I am just about equal distance between Bexar, and A Place to Shoot, both have their advantages. If kids are 'ok', may bring the grand kids. Not all of them, just a couple.

Angeleyes

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    They only place i go regularly is a place to shoot. Never been anywhere else more than once but ill give anything a try.

Top Bottom