• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I just picked up a beautiful 9mm Smith and Wesson Model 39-2.
    As you can see, it is well preserved. The pictures are not real good as they reflect light shining on the gun. This gun is nearly flawless as it has been probably in a safe. I found it at a service station in Poolville, Texas. A man was showing it off and I asked if he would consider selling it. He said he needed some money for hospital bills and would take $500 for it. I cashed a check and paid him. What a deal.
    It is a great shooter as I have taken it to the range a couple of times.
    Here is some info that I found about this gun.
    The Smith & Wesson Model 39 is a semi-automatic pistol developed for the United States Army service pistol trials of 1954. After the Army abandoned its search for a new pistol, the Model 39 went on the civilian market in 1955 and was the first of Smith & Wesson's first generation semi-automatic pistols. A modified version saw limited use with Naval Special Warfare units as the Mk 22 Mod 0.
    Barrel length: 4” (102 mm)
    Length: 7.55” (192 mm)
    Action: Short recoil, ‎DA
    Produced: 1954–1983

If you want to see more info, check out this website

S&W Model 39-2 9mm (1).jpg
    S&W Model 39-2 9mm (2).jpg
    S&W Model 39-2 9mm (3).jpg
    S&W Model 39-2 9mm (4).jpg
    S&W Model 39-2 9mm (5).jpg
    S&W Model 39-2 9mm (6).jpg
    Target Sports

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I just picked up a beautiful 9mm Smith and Wesson Model 39-2.
    As you can see, it is well preserved. The pictures are not real good as they reflect light shining on the gun. This gun is nearly flawless as it has been probably in a safe. I found it at a service station in Poolville, Texas. A man was showing it off and I asked if he would consider selling it. He said he needed some money for hospital bills and would take $500 for it. I cashed a check and paid him. What a deal.
    It is a great shooter as I have taken it to the range a couple of times.
    Here is some info that I found about this gun.
    The Smith & Wesson Model 39 is a semi-automatic pistol developed for the United States Army service pistol trials of 1954. After the Army abandoned its search for a new pistol, the Model 39 went on the civilian market in 1955 and was the first of Smith & Wesson's first generation semi-automatic pistols. A modified version saw limited use with Naval Special Warfare units as the Mk 22 Mod 0.
    Barrel length: 4” (102 mm)
    Length: 7.55” (192 mm)
    Action: Short recoil, ‎DA
    Produced: 1954–1983

If you want to see more info, check out this website

View attachment 281953 View attachment 281954 View attachment 281955 View attachment 281956 View attachment 281957 View attachment 281958

ahh the classic model 39, a pistol that should of replaced the 1911 in US service looooooong ago.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom