• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Aug 26, 2016
    Very nice!

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with a Model 27 Classic. You already have a fantastic shooter there.
    Aw, that’s nice, thanks!

I am actually just thinking of what future purchases I want to make for what can be passed down. Not ready to buy this minute.

Wanting to consider my dream collection of quality items, and three items at least that are comparable (but not clones), because we have three sons. So far we have mainly glocks and rifles. Three iconic wheel guns oughta be in there in the collection someday.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jun 23, 2014
    I did get this holster. I know it’s moved up too far to the front on my belt but I was trying to photograph it myself. Problem is it’s a right handed holster and I’m a lefty. But it’s def my BBQ setup.

Huntsville Prison museum makes some good classic leather stuff. I HAVE checked them out in person. That’s not what this holster is though.

Wildcat Diva,

EL PASO SADDLERY will make you whatever you want. = GREAT QUALITY, too.
    (EPS made my OWB concealment holster for my Model 27 3.5" revolver long ago when I was a city marshal & it's still fine. = I expect it to last longer than I'll need a revolver.
    (It's made out of SHARK & lined with orthopedic elk-skin.)

yours, satx

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Aug 26, 2016
    Wildcat Diva,

EL PASO SADDLERY will make you whatever you want. = GREAT QUALITY, too.
    (EPS made my OWB concealment holster for my Model 27 3.5" revolver long ago when I was a city marshal & it's still fine. = I expect it to last longer than I'll need a revolver.
    (It's made out of SHARK & lined with orthopedic elk-skin.)

yours, satx
    Thank you for the recommendation.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Thank you again for the advice on this one. Feels like I almost stole it.

I've been looking up wadcutter recipes. This project should keep me busy for a while. :)

2.7gr BE is a standard for wadcutters. If loaded in 38 Spec cases you want to clean the cylinder before shooting 357 rounds as the shorter 38 will leave residue and the .1" longer 357 may not chamber.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jun 23, 2014
    avvidcliff,

Actually HBWC sometimes leave enough residue to make chambering .38SPL difficult too. = Cleaning out your chambers is always a good plan, regardless.

yours, satx

Top Bottom