• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Honestly, I have no idea looking at the numbers. HughesNet has an app I use to measure the strength of my satellite dish, based on my IP address. It's also what I use to determine if it's out of focus as well. When I'm getting a good satellite signal, it's generally in the 110 to about 114 range. If we get a really heavy downpour, it has dropped to way under 30. If it drops to below 60, it just won't even get he internet.

Starlink is going to fix those issues.
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Starlink is going to fix those issues.

We were on Windstream for over 13 years here in Anderson county. They were the only option at the time for a landline, and internet. Right after the house was built, we got a landline from them, and shortly after I had internet installed so I could be able to do some things from the house for my job. We started out with dial-up, and couple of years later, they offered DSL and we switched over to it. I was very unhappy with the service and the repair that was offered by Windstream. To say it was very poor, would be an understatement.

HugheNet satellite internet isn't the best in the world, but compared to what we had with Windstream, it's hundreds of times better in service and repairs. My worst issue with the HughesNet satellite is that some weather conditions will disrupt, or slow down my internet, just like it did with our satellite TV signal.

Top Bottom