• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    As my fat ass sits in my power recliner having just ate bacon and eggs I look at all of y’all coping with this winter wonderland I look out @ an empty lot & see peace and quiet!

As stressful & costly as it has been, right now I’m one happy fat man. We still have things at the old house, but we have until the end of the month.
    ARJ Defense ad

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    As my fat ass sits in my power recliner having just ate bacon and eggs I look at all of y’all coping with this winter wonderland I look out @ an empty lot & see peace and quiet!

As stressful & costly as it has been, right now I’m one happy fat man. We still have things at the old house, but we have until the end of the month.
    Well, keep in mind that not all rural dwellers are doing as well. We have been without water since Thursday and continued rolling blackouts make it unlikely to change soon.
    Yes, we could have done better prepping, but not sure I could have done it for multi single digit lows.
    Hope things warm up before you have to finish your move!

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    There's a long list of rural residents in my area without water due to freezing well and distribution pipes. The local well and plumbing services will put you on their lists, but no one will get service before Wednesday.

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    This thread kinda reminds me of a parable:

There was a swallow named Sam who was spending the summer up in Northern Canada with his other swallow pals. As the summer ended, his friends began heading south back to the Capistrano missions in California for the winter. But Sam liked the North and decided, against sound advice, to stay up in Canada permanently.

Warm days turned progressively cooler until one late October day, it started raining and turned to sleet. After a few hours of trying to warm up, Sam decided to head South and rejoin his pals. Off he flew headed to the the US border.

But the weather got worse and worse, and by the time he got to the northern Montana plains, his wings were icing up bad. Finally, the added weight of the ice made him head down and land in the middle of a cow pasture. Sam was freezing, and could hardly move. After a few minutes and almost frozen to death, a cow walks by, over Sam, and takes a big dump, covering old Sam.

At first, Sam is dreading that he’s going to die in the cow patty, but after a few minutes, he begins to warm up and his chilled body feels much better. Feeling nice and warm, Sam pops his head up above the poop and starts to sing!

As Sam is chirping away, a passing coyote hears him, sneaks up from behind, and gobbled Sam down for lunch.

The moral of the story?

If you are warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth closed and don’t tell anybody!

YMMV!

Stay warm and safe!

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Was real busy with putting pics from my last safari into a couple of photo albums. Looking at our current weather and seeing the pictures reminded me of the weather in South Africa. We had some snow on one of our trips. Not all of Africa is the tropical shit in a Tarzan movie!

Top Bottom